- Brampton, Canada
For over 40 years, family owned Remco has built a solid reputation across Canada as the leader in fashion warehousing and distribution. Our vast experience in the apparel business has allowed us to successfully apply our transportation knowledge to other consumer products as well. Manufacturers and distributors of electronics, computers and peripherals, accessories, office supplies and other consumer goods now choose Remco as their transportation provider of choice.
With warehousing in Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver, our distribution network reaches Canada’s retail stores and outlets on a scheduled basis. Our network is our greatest advantage for both fashion and a wide range of consumer products.
What distinguishes our company most is the can-do attitude and flexibility of our people. Each member of our team takes personal pride in helping your business gain momentum towards greater success. When you handle as many SKUs and specialized products as we do, it’s easy to see how Remco Does!
Remco is currently looking to fill the role of Dispatcher
Responsibilities will include:
- Under the direction of the Dispatch Supervisor, assists in achieving the objectives of the P&D operation (% on-time delivery).
- Brings to the attention of the associate dispatchers any discrepancies negatively impacting the P&D operation.
- Brings to the attention of the Dispatch Supervisor any driver problems negatively impacting the P&D operation.
- Brings to the attention of the Dispatch Supervisor any unusual circumstances (late pickups, large shipments etc.) that may negatively affect the AM/PM operation.
- Ensures drivers are aware of all/any unusual delivery/pickup requirements.
- Assists/advises drivers as needed to achieve their objectives.
- Prioritize and assign pickups/deliveries to drivers to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Ensure that all drivers are checked-in/out in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure that drivers turn in all required paperwork and report any unusual circumstances on their routes and any equipment problems.
- Perform other tasks as may be assigned periodically
- Previous dispatching experience in transportation and knowledge of the GTA an asset
- Computer literate in MS Office and dispatching software
- Must be able to exercise initiative, multi-task and work well as part of a team in a high stress environment; punctual and dependable
- Previous experience in Customer Services a definite asset
- Must be able to work a 1:00PM - Close shift.
Associates are the difference at Remco. We are always on the lookout for people with a can-do attitude and the professionalism to deliver a level of service above and beyond the industry standard. We offer a comprehensive benefit program and a professional environment that promotes personal growth with great opportunity to be challenged.