- Brampton, Canada
Remco is a transportation and distribution leader across Canada. Family owned and operated for over 40 years, Remco has established a solid reputation for fast, reliable and flexible customer service in transportation, full service warehousing and third party logistics. Remco is a leader in fashion warehousing and distribution. Manufacturers and distributors of other types of “clean freight”, such as electronics, computers and peripherals, accessories, office supplies and other consumer goods, also choose Remco as their transportation provider of choice. With directly operated warehousing in Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver and agent operated services in most major cities in Canada, Remco’s distribution network reaches Canada’s retail stores and outlets on a scheduled basis.
We are looking for an individual to guide our operating managers in understanding the financial dynamics of their operation particularly as in how costs are related to pricing and assisting them in improving their Operational profitability. This will require an in-depth understanding of the warehousing businesses and a thorough understanding of the company’s cost structure. This individual will have a passion for helping decision makers and be recognized as bright, innovative and “on top of the numbers”. If this is you, this position offers the potential for tremendous job satisfaction being part of an entrepreneurial team focused on substantial growth. This position offers a great professional development opportunity working with business leaders and the opportunity to eventually move into more senior operational or financial positions.
This position reports directly to the CFO.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the operating cost elements driving financial results for the Warehouse Divisions. With this understanding, advise Division managers and Sales personnel on cost vs. pricing relationships and enable management to make better pricing decisions. Develop Key Performance Indicators and Scorecards for each Business Unit.
- Develop profitability statements for each customer.
- Advise management on pricing structures that increase profitability for customers as contracts come up for renewal or for RFP’s. Analyse this impact of proposed pricing changes. Assist Sales personnel in preparing winning bids.
- Guide Divisional management in understanding their Business Unit (BU) financial statements. This includes the revenue and operating cost components mentioned above as well as the overhead components that are charged to the BU financial statements.
- Participate in monthly BU financial reviews with senior management. This requires a close working relationship with BU management. You know that you will be successful in this role when BU management considers you “indispensable” in supporting their management of financial performance. Provide written reports on Divisional performance suitable for Board consumption including perspectives on current results, trends, performance issues and progress on their resolution. Provide a comparative analysis of performance - with comparisons to Budget and prior periods.
- Undertake investigative projects for BU management related to cost and expenses for their BU. This may involve reviewing accounting entries and invoices and require knowledge of accounting principles. This may result in making recommendations to change how some transactions are accounted for.
- Provide ad-hoc reports on sales or other areas as requested. Show others (including BU managers) how to extract reports for themselves. Develop meaningful analytics that fosters tactical and strategic thinking regarding price setting and sales and margin growth.
- Recommend areas for profitability improvement developed from an in depth knowledge of the drivers of BU financial results.
- Develop financial models of the businesses, including consolidated Cashflow.
- Guide the development of BU Budgets and forecasts and their consolidation into the total Company budget.
- Support ERP implementation.
- Undertake capital investment analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Commerce or Finance
- Working towards or completed a CMA or equivalent designation
- Previous experience in the warehousing/3PL industry
- Previous experience in financial reporting, budgeting and financial and cost analysis
- Proficiency with financial modeling, pricing analytics and optimization, margin profitability
- Tactical and strategic thinking skills
- Self-directed, ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in a timely manner
- Effective communication style at all levels in the organization, with strong oral and written skills; a collaborative and flexible style, with a strong service mentality
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel and proficient with Word. Experience with Warehouse Management Software would be an asset.
Associates are the difference at Remco. We are always on the lookout for people with a can-do attitude and the professionalism to deliver a level of service above and beyond the industry standard. We offer a comprehensive benefit program and a professional environment that promotes personal growth with great opportunity to be challenged