- Brampton, Canada
For over 40 years, family owned Remco has built a solid reputation across Canada as the leader in fashion warehousing and distribution. Our vast experience in the apparel business has allowed us to successfully apply our transportation knowledge to other consumer products as well. Manufacturers and distributors of electronics, computers and peripherals, accessories, office supplies and other consumer goods now choose Remco as their transportation provider of choice.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
- To produce, have approved and adhere to the annual budget.
- To ensure and maintain the proper functioning of all vehicles in the fleet and ensure the proper maintenance of all vehicles.
- To ensure all vehicles conform to the safety laws set out by the government and company standards.
- To update all equipment and tools inventory lists perpetually and ensure all tools are accounted for.
- To utilize the fleet software program to manage all aspects of parts, labor and the fleet.
- To properly equip and maintain all alarm systems on company vehicles.
- To ensure the proper maintenance and control of all inventory in the garage.
- To ensure all damaged trucks, tractors and trailers are taken out of service.
- To ensure the operations manager and owner are apprised of any and all unusual circumstances that could negatively impact the operation of the fleet.
Must be a licensced mechanic
Must have experience working as a truck mechanic
Extensive Health and Safety guidelines and regulations an asset!
Associates are the difference. We are always on the lookout for people with a can-do attitude and the professionalism to deliver a level of service above and beyond the industry standard. We offer a comprehensive benefit program and a professional environment that promotes personal growth with great opportunity to be challenged.