- Brampton, Canada
For over 40 years, family owned Remco has built a solid reputation across Canada as the leader in fashion warehousing and distribution. Our vast experience in the apparel business has allowed us to successfully apply our transportation knowledge to other consumer products as well. Manufacturers and distributors of electronics, computers and peripherals, accessories, office supplies and other consumer goods now choose Remco as their transportation provider of choice.
Enable Remco to substantially grow Logistics revenues by building and leveraging a network of 3rd party carriers. Perform all aspects of running the department including sales, sales support, carrier sourcing, rating, quoting, tendering shipments and customer service.
Remco is seeking to provide current and potential customers with seamless and integrated North American ground transportation solutions. We require an experienced individual capable of managing this growing business.
All aspects of operating a freight brokerage 3PL, including:
- Develop a network of highly reliable and cost effective carriers
- Source carriers for either spot or continuous moves
- Negotiate rates and terms with carriers
- Quickly generate and communicate rates in a market competitive manner
- Enter all information into company TMS
- Assist in transition to enhanced TMS application
- Audit freight invoices for accuracy
- Trace loads and provide exceptional pro-active customer service
- Report on monthly P&L to senior management team
- Recruit additional team members as volumes warrant
Sales involvement will include:
- Enabling the sales force to understand the capabilities of the brokerage department
- Assisting in the sales process and closing sales where required
- Directly prospecting for and securing individual accounts where possible
- 5 – 10 Years of experience in a similar environment
- Demonstrated ability to source carriers and provide excellent customer service
- Some experience training and managing new hires
- University or College Degree
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Excel
Associates are the difference. We are always on the lookout for people with a can-do attitude and the professionalism to deliver a level of service above and beyond the industry standard. We offer a comprehensive benefit program and a professional environment that promotes personal growth with great opportunity to be challenged.