Warehouse Distribution Manager
- Mississauga, Canada
For over 40 years, family owned Remco has built a solid reputation across Canada as the leader in fashion warehousing and distribution. Our vast experience in the apparel business has allowed us to successfully apply our transportation knowledge to other consumer products as well. Manufacturers and distributors of electronics, computers and peripherals, accessories, office supplies and other consumer goods now choose Remco as their transportation provider of choice.
PURPOSE OF JOB / POSITION FUNCTION:
Meeting Financial, productivity, Health & Safety, Customer Service and Associate Retention goals as outlined by Senior Management to meet Company and Customer goals.Manage the facility with regards to planning labour and revenue, analyzes of financials and establishing and ensuring the operations team meet established targets.
Provide a full range of transportation, distribution, warehousing and 3PL services across Canada. This position will be part of the warehousing team. Warehousing division provides distribution and inventory management services to the same business sector.
This position reports to the Director of Warehousing.
Works closely with the Warehouse Supervisor team to ensure the facility goals (customer demand) are met. Ensure a good working relationship with customers and all other internal customers/ other departments within the company (IT, HR, Transport Team).
PRIMARY ReSPONSIBILITIES / SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES in order:
- Manages and motivates direct reports to accomplish established Operational goals / metrics (Gross Profit Margin, Productivity, Health and Safety, Customer Service and Employee Retention).
- Uses independent judgment to build & promote free flow of information and communication throughout the facility that will encourage change while maintaining operative effectiveness & success
- Drives employee engagement through floor presence
- Ensures that direct reports have the support needed to effectively manage their departments and direct reports
- Review revenue and costs by customer to ensure maximum profitability
- To plan and arrange for adequate staffing levels – regular staff and agency
- Forecasting for busy seasons to project operational needs (staffing, space, equipment etc)
- With assistance from the Director of Warehousing and Finance, develop facility budget and manage within the guidelines of the approved budgets.
- Ensuring the customers SOP’s are documented and are trained and understood by the operations management team and staff.
- Coordinate and liaise with customers – ensure approval is obtained in writing for any additional work to be performed which are not outlined on the contract agreement and billing done accordingly.
- To ensure billing is accurately processed, review all weekly billing and approved established targets for the account and ensuring the targets are met.
- Ensure hiring of all new associates meet with company and site specific standards and requirements.
- Direct the maintenance of warehouse facilities and equipment, ensuring the security of goods stored.
- Maintain strong working relationships with all customers, suppliers and agencies.
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are being followed and all documentation is complete
- Guide operations managers, supervisors on employee performance management
- Lead operations implementation of new business, new technologies, and material handling equipment into the facility.
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Owns & develops plans for promoting team collaboration and accountability for meeting performance objectives, while building, motivating and leading teams to achieve the objectives of the company.
- Establish, plan, and implement the necessary employee engagement programs required to foster a culture of teamwork and continuous performances improvement
- Sets direction for the facility while anticipating operational issues and develops preventative measures by analyzing quantitative, qualitative and trend data and makes decisions based on this data that will positively impact productivity.
- Manages relationships with other business units and other Department managers throughout the company and to integrate and align efforts
HEALTH AND SAFETY RESPONSIBILITES:
- Responsible for the Health and Safety of all staff in the building.
- Ensure proper training and communication to staff regarding safety procedure and practices.
- Ensure all staff is following proper safety procedures at all times
- Ensure supervisors are aware of proper lifting/handling/ladder techniques and are educating all associates in these areas.
- Ensure building and equipment are secure at all times and that all security procedures are adhered to.
Outline the minimum qualifications that are necessary to perform in the position.
- Knowledge of distribution operating systems, WMS
- Strong leadership and motivational skills, with the ability to manage for results
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage employee conflict to a successful resolution.
- Ability to assess talent and build development plans
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop team members
- Strong analytical skills, including ability to review data/processes & independently determine/implement solution
- Ability to proactively plan and organize work to accomplish goals
- Strong time management skills.
- Fully functional professional knowledge in all relevant areas: organizational culture, standards and business goals; people and project management skills; competitor/industry practices
- Knowledge and experience using various computer systems, to include Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint
Minimum educational level:
Bachelors' degree or equivalent experience required. Designation with P Log, CITT an asset
- Preferred 7-10 years supervision/Management experience.
- Experience with development and use of variable budgets; familiar with basic accounting principles.
- Experience in a 3PL environment
- Experience in both contract logistics and public warehouse environments
- Experience in working with and implementing and operating a Warehouse Management System
- Experience with Continuous Improvement Strategies, Kaizen, TQM, Six Sigma experience
Associates are the difference. We are always on the lookout for people with a can-do attitude and the professionalism to deliver a level of service above and beyond the industry standard. We offer a comprehensive benefit program and a professional environment that promotes personal growth with great opportunity to be challenged.