Warehouse Lead Hand
- Brampton, Canada
For over 40 years, family owned Remco has built a solid reputation across Canada as the leader in fashion warehousing and distribution. Our vast experience in the apparel business has allowed us to successfully apply our transportation knowledge to other consumer products as well. Manufacturers and distributors of electronics, computers and peripherals, accessories, office supplies and other consumer goods now choose Remco as their transportation provider of choice.
- Understands the need to prioritize work schedules to meet company goals
- Lead and direct a team of people from 5 – 20 as directed
- Train and qualify people to complete assignments using current work instructions (SOP)
- Ensuring inventory accuracy and integrity are maintaining the highest level, research and investigate variances base on discrepancies
- Assist with training staff, evaluate the quality of their work
- Ensure MHE Operators and all associates safe behave in a safe and efficient manner
- Conducting daily meetings
- Coordinate the team and is responsible for applying policies and procedures
- Assist and supportive of, disciplinary actions brought forward by Supervisor
- Promotes a safe work environment, make sure team members comply with Health and Safety regulations.
- Document and report all violations of safety or operations instructions for corrective training or action.
- Basic computer skills, e-mail , excel, word. Ability to learn in-house systems
- Accountable for teams ability to meet productivity goals within a timely manner
- Identify requirements for specific tools / supplies and communicate requests to the Supervisor while maintaining a budget
- Inform Supervisor / Management of any scheduling conflicts and assist in resolving them
- Responsible for meeting shipping deadlines.
- Competitent communication skills both e-mail and verbal
- Be able to back fill and cover account for short absences of Designated Supervisor
- Enthusiastic, positive, flexible
- Must be prepared to support and enforce safety directives of the company at all times
- Strong work ethic, reliable, dependable
- Attention to detail, accurate, efficient
- Honest, trustworthy, ethical
- Willing to work extra or emergency hours as occasionally required
Associates are the difference. We are always on the lookout for people with a can-do attitude and the professionalism to deliver a level of service above and beyond the industry standard. We offer a comprehensive benefit program and a professional environment that promotes personal growth with great opportunity to be challenged.