Plant Engineering Manager
- Columbus, OH
Resource Options International - ROI
ROI provides comprehensive staffing solutions with an emphasis in the Midwestern and Southern United States. We provide career opportunities to experienced professionals who are seeking employment at all levels. Our clients are leading companies who want to hire the most qualified candidates with the specific skills, backgrounds, and motivations to help them attain their short and long term business goals.
In a global economy competition in most industries will accelerate at a rapid pace. Forward thinking companies must have the right people in the right place at the right time. That is where we come in, to ensure that your human capital assets are providing you with sustainable returns on your investment.
Our client serves the Oil and Gas, Nuclear and Marine Hoist industries. The Engineering Manager provides leadership and direction for the Plant Engineering Team comprising of product design, drafting, process engineer, mechanical engineer, maintenance supervisor and technical sales support employees. Will identify, communicate and implement departmental and cost reduction objectives. Implements plant, divisional and company strategic plans.
Works with Operations and operators to define the layout of equipment and production processes.
- Prepares, plans, and directs projects including cost estimates for and capital appropriation requests (CARs) as needed
- Works closely with EH&S to assure a safety workplace and environment
- In conjunction with Maintenance Supervisor oversees and develops maintenance staff
- Participates in new product development including manufacturing prototypes
- Participates in production liability investigation when required
- Oversees Plant ECN process
- Engages / leads meetings to plan and schedule work assignments and to assess progress and results
- Maintains in conjunction with Quality Supervisor, compliance to DOT, TC, UL and CSA Regulatory requirements
- Responsible for upkeep of buildings, grounds and equipment including drawings
- Performs product/process analysis and initiates activities for continuous improvement, cost reductions, quality improvements, and improved efficiencies
- Responsible for initiation, follow-up and timely completion of projects; works with plant personnel as well as outside contractors throughout all phases of projects
- Experience in ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Codes, Section III and Section VIII
- Experience in welding technologies and codes a plus
- Experience with steel storage tank construction and design
- Experience in gears, shafts, hoist and lubrication
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to provide support to Sales and communicate directly with customers
- Hands-on, team orientated and committed to business improvement processes
- Quality orientated and attention to detail
- Timely problem analysis and problem resolution
- Stamping, joining, machining, process automation and haz-mat product packaging experience beneficial
- Solid Works and/or Auto Cad Experience
- Lean manufacturing experience from raw material to final packaging
- ME degree and PE registration preferred
- NFPA electrical compliance and facility classification beneficial
- 8 years progressive experience in engineering with increasing responsibilities
- 2-3 years progressive experience with team leadership and people/skill management
- 3 yrs Lean Manufacturing, TPM, ISO-9000 training and applicable experience beneficial
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.