Shipping & Receiving Supervisor
- Oregon, OH
Resource Options International - ROI
ROI provides comprehensive staffing solutions with an emphasis in the Midwestern and Southern United States. We provide career opportunities to experienced professionals who are seeking employment at all levels. Our clients are leading companies who want to hire the most qualified candidates with the specific skills, backgrounds, and motivations to help them attain their short and long term business goals.
In a global economy competition in most industries will accelerate at a rapid pace. Forward thinking companies must have the right people in the right place at the right time. That is where we come in, to ensure that your human capital assets are providing you with sustainable returns on your investment.
Coordinate all activities of the shipping department pertaining to preparing shipments for domestic and international destinations. Supply production departments with raw materials and shipping containers. Receive and distribute all inbound materials to various locations in the plant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities :
- Provide Leadership, discipline, and support to ensure the highest level of Safety, Quality, Housekeeping (5S), and professionalism within the shipping department.
- Identify/standardize work procedures and prepare work schedules.
- Maintain raw material availability for production and electronically receive materials.
- Perform cycle counts on raw, WIP, and finished goods inventory and packaging.
- Maintain grounds outside of the plant including outside trailer storage areas.
- Facilitate customer service requests as needed and ensure shipments/ASN’s are sent out on time and correct.
- Monitor shipping activities to ensure compliance to shipping requirements. Resolve discrepancies as required.
- Negotiate contracts with freight carriers and outside storage warehouses when needed.
- Issue oral and written instructions and assist employees with work process problems.
- Ship and receive goods via multiple forms of transportation including, but not limited to, full truckload carriers, less than truckload carriers, and expedited freight carriers.
- Track and coordinate empty container movement between customer plants, supplier plants, and Rieter Oregon.
- Operate all shipping equipment including, but not limited to, forklifts, yard tractors, snow blowers, and yard semi trailer switching truck.
- Order raw material, supplies, components, finished goods, or equipment and regulate inventory levels consistent with just in time and continuous improvement principles.
- Fill in for Production Scheduler and/or Materials Manager when needed.
- Receive/process UGN requirements via Future 3, e-mail, regular mail or telephone orders.
- Be available 24 hours to resolve internal plant questions or customer needs/problems.
- Ensure all training needs are conducted and updated for shipping department personnel.
- Responsible for Housekeeping (5S) identified area-5S audit score.
- Manages a minimum of (1) Continuous Improvement project throughout the year (Reporting out as required).
- Conduct training modules for the Oregon University program.
- Conduct Layered Process Audits, per required schedule.
- Responsible for entering data in ROB (Report on Business) spreadsheet, weekly.
- Attend weekly ROB.
- Attend (1) each monthly DOA and Molding Town Hall meeting.
- Ensure compliance with all related TS-16949 and ISO-14001 policies and procedures.
- Participate in all plant wide communication meetings.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of the organization to ensure issues are addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education / Experience:
- Associate’s degree from a two-year college or technical school preferred or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of three years experience in a materials function in a manufacturing environment
- Solid understanding of the materials process
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedures
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, employees and customers
- Basic math skills required.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Ability to identify problems, collect data and make recommendations
- Ability to interpret instructions and deal with multiple variables
- Proficient in MS Office software ( inc. Powerpoint, Word, and Excel) and Lotus notes.
- ERP/Shipping systems
While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently exposed to airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions: moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the environment is moderate.
While performing the duties of the job the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 25 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.