Senior Design Engineer
- Bremen, OH
Resource Options International - ROI
ROI provides comprehensive staffing solutions with an emphasis in the Midwestern and Southern United States. We provide career opportunities to experienced professionals who are seeking employment at all levels. Our clients are leading companies who want to hire the most qualified candidates with the specific skills, backgrounds, and motivations to help them attain their short and long term business goals.
In a global economy competition in most industries will accelerate at a rapid pace. Forward thinking companies must have the right people in the right place at the right time. That is where we come in, to ensure that your human capital assets are providing you with sustainable returns on your investment.
Mechanical Product Design & Development Engineer with 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment designing gears, gearboxes, and related items such as shafting, bearings and lubrication, as well as pressure vessels. Candidate will support the Marine Hoist and Nuclear products through original designs, as well as design changes to existing products. Will provide key information to sales and quoting groups, as well as being a key resource to our customers. Strong working knowledge of ASME Sec 3 and 8 are required for design support of Nuclear products and pressure vessels.
- Design of marine hoisting systems, including structural frame, gear box, gears, shafts, bearings and lubrication.
- Provide input to overall manufactured cost and schedules for the design and building of hoist systems, including all materials and labor.
- Direct customer contact to collect and understand specifications and requirements
- Upgrade existing designs to meet current requirements, improving reliability and reducing cost when possible
- Coordinate and conduct design verification testing at component, subsystem, and system level
- Create & execute design changes of varying degrees of complexity by ensuring that performance parameters are met while meeting quality targets during launch.
- Communicate with and provide support to the Sales and Marketing departments
- Design of ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code products, according to Section VIII and Section III.
- Perform code calculations and define material and process requirements for pressure vessels for the Nuclear industry.
- Perform code calculations and define material and process requirements for oil and gas processing equipment and storage vessels.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years of Engineering experience
- ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Section VIII and Section III
- Experience with lifting equipment such as hoists and cranes
- Experience with structural steel design
- Experienced in design of gears, gearboxes, shafting, bearings and lubrication
- Steel storage tank construction and design
- Welding procedures, codes and design a plus
- Fluid flow and heat transfer
- Nuclear industry experience
- Solid Works and/or Auto Cad or a similar design package
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.