- Bowling Green, OH
Resource Options International - ROI
We provide comprehensive staffing solutions with an emphasis in the Midwest. We provide career opportunities to experienced professionals who are seeking employment at all levels. Our clients are leading companies who want to hire the most qualified candidates with the specific skills, backgrounds, and motivations to help them attain their short and long term business goals.
In a global economy competition in most industries will accelerate at a rapid pace. Forward thinking companies must have the right people in the right place at the right time. That is where we come in, to ensure that your human capital assets are providing you with sustainable returns on your investment.
With some supervision from Manager Electrical Engineering, provide design or analysis for lighting, power and control systems for new construction and/or renovation of industrial or commercial structures in conformance to client requirements and applicable codes. Provide engineering to develop construction documents for the installation, interconnection and control of electrical and mechanical components.
- Possess / demonstrate the engineering knowledge and understanding to design or analyze electrical systems for the installation, interconnection, and control of electrical and mechanical components using applicable codes, including lighting & power distribution systems, low voltage systems (fire alarm systems, telecommunications/data networks, lighting control systems, power monitoring systems, etc.) sizing of equipment, etc.
- Review and/or establish project scope, electrical budget, design approach, and applicable constraints with the Project Manager or client as appropriate.
- Knowledge of all aspects of NEC, as they apply to the electrical design.
- Able to adhere to project quality, budget, and schedule.
- Prepare feasibility studies and schematic design packages of lighting, power systems, etc.
- Possess / demonstrate the graphic ability to produce construction documents per company standards.
- Communicate and work with all other disciplines to produce coordinated construction documents.
- Conduct field measuring and checking at the construction site.
- Maintain organized project file containing project calculations, correspondence, appropriate reference materials, etc.
- With assistance, edit and draft project specifications.
- Review and stamp permit/construction documents for submittal to authorities having jurisdiction.
- Review project submittals (shop drawings) for conformance with contract documents; specify action required for conformance.
- Prepare project cost estimates.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Professional Registration*.
- LEED accredited professional qualification preferred.
- 5+ years related and progressively more responsible experience in electrical engineering field.
- Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel and MS Word), Autodesk (Revit and AutoCAD) and/or Bentley Microstation.
- Engineering software for lighting design, experience with short-circuit analysis and coordination (e.g. ETAP) preferred.
*Minimum singular registration shall be in State of professional’s working office location.