Human Resources Manager
- Toledo, OH
Resource Options International - ROI
ROI provides comprehensive staffing solutions with an emphasis in the Midwestern and Southern United States. We provide career opportunities to experienced professionals who are seeking employment at all levels. Our clients are leading companies who want to hire the most qualified candidates with the specific skills, backgrounds, and motivations to help them attain their short and long term business goals.
In a global economy competition in most industries will accelerate at a rapid pace. Forward thinking companies must have the right people in the right place at the right time. That is where we come in, to ensure that your human capital assets are providing you with sustainable returns on your investment.
Provides strategic direction & leadership in organizational development, HR policies & procedures, compensation /benefits policies and human potential management for North America.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the recruitment & retention process for the North American headquarters; provide support to plants as needed
- Oversee & ensure the effectiveness of the company wide performance measurement & management system
- Develop processes/procedures & educate staff to ensure regulatory compliance – FMLA, ADA, COBRA, USERRA
- Intervene in employee relations issues and assists in resolution
- Focus on continuously broader use of the HRIS system as a management tool
- Develop/facilitates programs that will support ongoing employee development
- Interpret and develop HR policies
- Administer compensation management program
- Manage expatriate visa process
- Assists in design, interpretation and administration of Health & Welfare Plans: Health, Rx, D&V, Life, Disability, Prepaid Legal, EAP and FSA plans for union and non-union employees
- Assists in design, interpretation and administration of the 401(k) plan
- Assists in the administration of Executive Deferred Compensation Plan
- Assists in the administration of frozen Pension Plan
- Ensure compliance with ERISA and other applicable laws
- Work with internal & external resources to obtain State & Local grant money for new business awards; administer program in accordance with required guidelines
- Manage North American unemployment program to ensure costs are minimized
- Support the management of the safety program for North American office to ensure compliance with OSHA/MIOSHA
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources; Masters degree preferred
- Minimum 7 years of HR generalist experience in a corporate environment with a progressive track record in HR leadership positions; plant experience strongly preferred
- Previous HRIS experience
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Labor experience is preferred
- Must be fluent in English
- Ability to communicate and relate to employees both in a group setting and one-on-one
- Ability to gain employees trust
- Basic math skills required
- Good problem solving skills
- Detail orientation
- Excellent communications and organizational skills
- Ability to organize thoughts and priorities under a considerable amount of pressure
- Must be able to reason and solve problems
- Must be proficient in MS Office applications
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
Requirement % of Day
- Standing & walking Up to 35%
- Using hands & fingers Up to 95%
- Reaching w/arms & hands Up to 95%
- Sitting Up to 95%
- Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling Up to 5%
- Lifting, pulling, pushing carrying Intermittent Up to 20 pounds
- Bending & twisting at waist & knees Intermittent
- Vision Must have the ability to focus near & far; peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus are required.
- This position works under pressure of deadlines with interruptions occurring regularly.
- Travel is required, by car or air, to visit manufacturing locations. Some international travel could be required.
- Position frequently requires more than 40 hours per week.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.