Website Designer/Front End Developer
- Houston, TX
At Linked Retail, we partner with brands and retailers to make their businesses more efficient and profitable through the next evolution in brand and ecommerce integrations. Located in Houston, TX we've been getting retailers connected and online since 2010.
We want to invite a Website Designer/Front End Developer to our Design team. This can be an entry-level position as long as you're honest about the bolded parts below. We’re very cool with those that are self-taught, but please provide examples/explanations of your work.
At Linked Retail we encourage growth, learning (on your on and together), and cross-training. We want a self-motivated learner, a team-player, that brings their creative Kung-Fu, who knows the latest standards in the industry, and can be professional to clients. We're growing, you will learn a lot here. You have been warned.
Communication, being a part of a team, and a willingness to learn tasks/responsibilities outside your own to understand our entire project processes and products are important. The more you know.
As a Website Designer/Front End Developer you will be chiefly responsible for creating top-notch, professional design concepts/mockups/solutions/collateral based generally off client input. This requires being able to listen to clients and understand their needs, interpreting them, sometimes anticipating, to produce the end products requested.
Design projects will cover a variety of products and activities, but typically the focus will be on website design, associated banners/graphics, and email templates. Many of these tasks are connected with larger integration projects, so being able to communicate with the project manager and clients on delivery, task, and risk expectations are critical. You will definitely be engaged in more than one project at a time, so being able to switch gears to allocate the right amount of time to each is valuable.
- Compensation is based on experience; currently looking for entry to mid-level experience at this time
- Position is in Houston, TX; no telecommute options available
- Monday – Friday; 9 AM – 6 PM
Typical Work Tasks:
- Meeting with the project manager and client to discuss project requirements
- Translating/Interpreting the client’s requests, business needs to develop preliminary concepts for approval
- Estimating time required to complete approved work and providing info to the project manager
- Creating wireframes, concepts, mockups, images, banners, email templates, website themes
- Presenting finalized assigned tasks to project manager and client for review
- Able and willing to work with a wide range of media
- Proofreading, participating in team and client QA of pre-launch projects
- Keeping up-to-date on emerging technologies in new media, particularly those used commonly in our projects, as well as, researching latest design trends
- Developing interactive and responsive design
- Providing support/troubleshooting on design related issues when needed
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
These are the definite must-haves:
- Expertise working with Adobe Creative Suite with stronger emphasis in Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Strong understanding of HTML and CSS, in relation to website/email design and formatting
- A working knowledge of CMS applications such as: Word Press, Magento, etc.
- Strong design and typography skills
- Proficient in a PC/Windows environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of Google Apps; specifically, Gmail and Drive
- Ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects/tasks and manage your time effectively to meet deadlines
- If you get stuck, you’re resourceful enough to find the answer, or cool enough to ask for help
- Are highly motivated, receptive to learn new things, able to work alone, or part of a team
- Provide creative problem-solving and good analytical skills
- Strong and clear written and oral communication skills; able to email, phone, and speak in person to clients
Any familiarity with these makes for awesomeness:
- General website development/lifecycle understanding
- Asana (for Project Management)
- Zendesk (Support Ticket Management)
- Any Retail experience is plus
Linked Retail offers medical benefits. Compensation consideration is based on experience. Please provide a resume and examples of your work.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.