- Chicago, IL
About Rewards Network
Rewards Network (NASDAQ: DINE), headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, is a leading provider of marketing services and loyalty programs to the restaurant industry. Thousands of participating restaurants and other merchants across North America benefit from the Company's extensive email, internet and print marketing efforts; member ratings/feedback and other business intelligence; customer loyalty programs; and access to capital through the purchase of dining credits. In conjunction with leading airline frequent flyer programs, club memberships, and other affinity organizations, Rewards Network provides over three million members with incentives, including airline miles, loyalty/reward program points, and Cashback Rewards(SM) savings.
We’re seeking a smart, innovative, and charismatic individual to fill our Copywriter position. You’ll be responsible for developing and executing big ideas, clever concepts, and compelling content that will help take our business to the next level. We’re looking for a great talent and collaborative team player who will be responsible for the creative standards -- tone, style, structure, and voice -- of primarily B2B copy for integrated marketing channels such as Web, email, social media, and print for a range of clients.
In addition to conceptualizing and writing copy, you’ll work closely with the Creative Director to facilitate brainstorming sessions and review/approve creative deliverables to ensure concepts and copy address marketing objectives.
Collaboration with marketing, creative services, and production personnel are all part of daily activity.
- Develop and execute innovative concepts and copy for a variety of media including Web, email, print, mobile, and social media.
- Collaborate with Client Marketing, Creative Services, and Sales to determine compelling messaging for clients and prospects.
- Lead brainstorming sessions and collaborate with design team to develop campaigns that influence target audiences (e.g., encourage enrollment and increase client retention).
- Manage multiple assignments, organize workloads and produce high-quality work within established deadlines while projecting a client and co-worker friendly demeanor.
- Attend creative input meetings to help develop creative strategies and implement creative requirements.
- Facilitate communication between team members and marketing to maintain strong relationships and effective creative management.
- Communicate and present copy to internal teams.
- Form a tight, collaborative relationship and work with the Creative Director to review and refine creative approaches and seek out and help define new creative possibilities for client engagements.
- Work with design teams–both email and Web–to understand format restrictions and best practices.
- Remain current with integrated marketing tactics, design/industry trends and advances in technology.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year college or university majoring in Journalism, Creative Writing, Communications or Marketing, or equivalent combination of education and experience in the creative communications field.
- 3-5 years of professional B2B copywriting experience with a proven track record of success in an agency or agency-related environment.
- Direct experience copywriting and crafting content for the Web, email, interactive media, and SEO.
- Ability to write in a professional but conversational and engaging style.
- Demonstrated creative ability; strong writing, verbal, and presentation skills; strong attention to detail.
- Exceptional ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work within strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Great people skills with an ability to communicate effectively and work in a team environment and produce high-quality work.
- Outstanding creativity, enthusiasm, sense of humor, and team spirit.
- Experience writing within dining or travel industry a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Familiarity with both Mac and PC platforms a plus.
- Interactive agency experience a plus.
- Basic HTML knowledge a plus.
- The ideal candidate will come from a copy background but has excellent graphic sensibilities.
- Online portfolio or electronic portfolio required with application.
- Ability to apply conceptual strategy, facilitate brainstorming sessions, and manage a project to completion.
- Self-motivated team player who takes direction well, has a high level of concentration, works well under pressure, and is able to define and solve project challenges with minimal guidance.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.