Senior Business Intelligence Developer
- Chicago, IL
About Rewards Network
Rewards Network (NASDAQ: DINE), headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, is a leading provider of marketing services and loyalty programs to the restaurant industry. Thousands of participating restaurants and other merchants across North America benefit from the Company's extensive email, internet and print marketing efforts; member ratings/feedback and other business intelligence; customer loyalty programs; and access to capital through the purchase of dining credits. In conjunction with leading airline frequent flyer programs, club memberships, and other affinity organizations, Rewards Network provides over three million members with incentives, including airline miles, loyalty/reward program points, and Cashback Rewards(SM) savings.
Rewards Network (RN) has an immediate opening for an experienced Senior Business Intelligence Developer. This position reports directly to the head of the Data team. As a member of the Data Architecture & Implementation Team you will work closely with our business analysts, data architects, database administrators, database developers, business intelligence developers and web developers to design and implement the reporting & analytics in support of key business initiatives. You will also provide support for the business intelligence platform. We are looking for that passionate problem solver that is highly focused and agile that can work in a fast paced collaborative team environment. This position will also support our MicroStrategy administrator as needed. The ability to work under tight deadlines with a sense of urgency is important.
The Business Intelligence Developer will perform
- Development of reporting (standard, interactive, ad-hoc)
- Development of report services documents
- Development of dashboards
- Development of OLAP
- Support & maintenance of existing reporting and analytics environments
- Architecting schema objects, metrics, filters for report development
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Perform responsibilities specific to data related competencies as follows:
Information Delivery Semantic Layer Development:
- Provides the foundation for subsequent information delivery development while using data knowledge, metadata integration, and the appropriate toolset in support of business information needs.
- Develop a Business Information Access Layer
- Coordinate Business Information Access Layer changes with the Query/Report Analysts
- Semantic layer (foundational) development
Information Delivery Development:
- Produces products providing business users access to the information needed while leveraging data knowledge and appropriate toolsets.
- Develop and test SQL based queries and format reports from user specifications
- Publish queries and reports
- Schedule queries and reports
- Develop and test dashboards and report services documents for key performance metrics
- Optimize queries and reports
- Manage personal and query libraries
- Provide 2nd level support
- Decision support, complex query construction and ad-hoc query assistance
- Report, portal, dashboard, scorecard delivery
- Assist users in the appropriate use of query, reporting and analysis tools.
OLAP Cube Development:
- Designs, develops, tests and implements multi-dimensional cubes
- Design, develop, code and test OLAP cubes. Document technical design
- Design and define test cases based on business requirements
- Analysis of data source acquisition
- Source to target mapping
- Production support of applications, including performance monitoring
- Provide technical consulting and support for applications as needed
- Maintain detailed and accurate documentation per all project standards
- Source Code Repository Administration
- Release Management
Key Skills for Success
- Communication (oral & written)
- Business information analysis skills
- Business information access layer tool skills
- Business tool expertise
- Metadata expertise
- Data expertise
- SQL tool expertise
- Query optimization expertise
- Report development/scheduling expertise
- Dashboard development expertise
- OLAP cube development expertise
- DBMS expertise in supported platforms
Technical Skills for Success
- Expertise with data modeling tools, specifically Embarcedero ER/Studio a plus
- Expertise with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or higher required
- Strong SQL writing ability required
- Exposure to data integration tools, specifically Informatica & SSIS a plus
- Exposure to cloud data integration tools, specifically Informatica Cloud Services a plus
- Exposure to Business Intelligence tools, specifically MicroStrategy required using Desktop and Architecting Schema Objects, Metrics, etc.
- Exposure to DB marketing suites, specifically Unica a plus
- Exposure to CRM/SFA suites, specifically Salesforce.com a plus
- Exposure to Financial Planning & Analysis applications, specifically Cognos TM1 a plus
- Expertise designing data architecture that support Web based applications as well as data warehouse/business intelligence driven applications.
- Expertise in designing data architectures that support both web & real-time integrations.
- Exposure to PII, PCI, SSAE16, SAS70
- Knowledge of restaurant industry or loyalty programs is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or other science discipline
- 5-8 years of previous report development
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.