Business Development Manager
- Chicago, IL
About Rewards Network
Rewards Network (NASDAQ: DINE), headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, is a leading provider of marketing services and loyalty programs to the restaurant industry. Thousands of participating restaurants and other merchants across North America benefit from the Company's extensive email, internet and print marketing efforts; member ratings/feedback and other business intelligence; customer loyalty programs; and access to capital through the purchase of dining credits. In conjunction with leading airline frequent flyer programs, club memberships, and other affinity organizations, Rewards Network provides over three million members with incentives, including airline miles, loyalty/reward program points, and Cashback Rewards(SM) savings.
The Partner Development Manager is responsible for proactively and aggressively identifying and cultivating potential loyalty partner relationships that are aligned with the overall business strategy for participation in our national dining network. Working closely with and supporting the SVP, Loyalty & Business Development, this role will contribute to the Company’s growth by evaluating market research, sourcing, contracting, establishing a dialogue, developing initial relationships structures, and assisting with the negotiation and close of partner relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify potential loyalty partnerships by researching industry and related events, reviewing and monitoring loyalty, consumer and restaurant industry publications and announcements;
- Initiate contact with multiple personnel (senior management) at target companies in the attempt of peaking interest and establishing rapport;
- Perform prospect partner due diligence and analyzes different performance metrics;
- Screen potential business deals by analyzing market opportunities, ascertaining strategic fit and market overlap, identifying deal requirements and earnings potential (including financial modeling) and evaluating options;
- Creates initial presentation decks for potential partner presentation meetings.
- Develop negotiating strategies and positions by examining relationship value for multi-category audiences (consumers, restaurants, shareholders), anticipating and estimating partners' needs and goals;
- Develop, manage and maintain an active pipeline of prospective partners;
- Create (via internal collaboration and communication) partner proposals, custom-tailored capabilities overview presentations, additional documentation as identified/needed;
- Assist with the close of new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations;
Position RequirementsFormal Education & Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred
Knowledge & Experience:
- General Sales Skills: Prospecting, Lead Generation, Appointment Setting, Sales Planning, Selling to Customer Needs, Closing;
- Experience in working with senior level executives across an organization;
- Minimum 5 years business development/sales experience;
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Ability to analyze data and make recommendations from insights;
- Advanced analytical capabilities;
- Strong communication skills;
- Established presentation skills;
- Loyalty program experience/understanding preferred
- Willingness/ability to travel required (up to 25%)
- Experience with financial analysis and the ability to assess the prospective profitability of programs.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills, with significant experience representing a company’s offerings to senior and executive level management (both internal and external).
- Ability to negotiate terms of partnership agreements.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.