- Chicago, IL
About Rewards Network
Rewards Network (NASDAQ: DINE), headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, is a leading provider of marketing services and loyalty programs to the restaurant industry. Thousands of participating restaurants and other merchants across North America benefit from the Company's extensive email, internet and print marketing efforts; member ratings/feedback and other business intelligence; customer loyalty programs; and access to capital through the purchase of dining credits. In conjunction with leading airline frequent flyer programs, club memberships, and other affinity organizations, Rewards Network provides over three million members with incentives, including airline miles, loyalty/reward program points, and Cashback Rewards(SM) savings.
The Quantitative Analyst will be responsible for supporting the research and reporting needs of the Marketing Analytics & Research department. The analyst will interface heavily with Loyalty & Business Development, Marketing, Finance, Sales, Operations, and Business Intelligence to help the department complete day-to-day analyses and larger research projects. These initiatives include but are not limited to providing strategic insight into improving marketing effectiveness, ROI, pricing, and member / merchant portfolio performance. The analyst will also help the department synthesize and mine consumer data to build a better understanding of customer behavior. If you are considering a career in marketing analytics and research, or if you are interested in a challenging opportunity that gives you the advantage of working with executives to help solve complex real-world problems, then this position will be a very rewarding opportunity for you.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare and present monthly reviews of the member performance KPIs to Executive Committee members;
- Assist in the design and structure of marketing campaigns by building models used to forecast the impact the campaigns will have on sales and earnings (EBITDA);
- Develop statistically sound customer segmentation and test plans, including: customer contact strategies, test design, selection criteria, and measurement strategies;
- Frequently monitor the performance of in-market marketing campaigns;
- Upon completion of marketing campaigns, (1) compare the full performance of those campaigns against forecast and budget, and (2) examine campaign data to identify patterns in consumer behavior that can be used to build, forecast, and optimize future campaigns;
- Identify key insights from online activity to suggest, create and execute multivariate or a/b/c tests that drive improvements to member experience and engagement;
- Identify marketing metrics (KPIs) and develop reports and dashboards that synthesize KPIs;
- Design ad hoc analytics projects that involve data collection, modeling, and analysis;
- Provide recommendations to facilitate faster reporting and more educated business decisions.
Formal Education & Certification:
- Bachelor degree in statistics, mathematics, economics, finance or marketing is required.
- Minimum 2 years of experience (advanced quantitative coursework may substitute experience).
Knowledge & Experience:
- Ability to solve problems, calculate figures and apply concepts of algebra, probability, and statistics;
- Knowledge of SQL/programming concepts and statistical analysis tools (SAS, SPSS);
- Experience working with data; especially in applying advanced quantitative analysis techniques;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including being a power user of Excel;
- Multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Professional, ambitious, and hard-working.
- Communicates tactfully and effectively, verbally and in writing, and maintains effective work relations with those encountered in the course of employment.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.