Email Marketing Specialist
- Chicago, IL
About Rewards Network
Rewards Network (NASDAQ: DINE), headquartered in Chicago, Illinois, is a leading provider of marketing services and loyalty programs to the restaurant industry. Thousands of participating restaurants and other merchants across North America benefit from the Company's extensive email, internet and print marketing efforts; member ratings/feedback and other business intelligence; customer loyalty programs; and access to capital through the purchase of dining credits. In conjunction with leading airline frequent flyer programs, club memberships, and other affinity organizations, Rewards Network provides over three million members with incentives, including airline miles, loyalty/reward program points, and Cashback Rewards(SM) savings.
The Email Developer is responsible for building and managing email campaigns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Use ExactTarget’s email Software to build HTML emails with rigorous internal testing for rendering and functional performance.
- Work closely with various members of the marketing team (i.e. database team, creative, etc) for the successful development and implementation of an email campaign.
- Interface with ExactTarget on communicating and resolving technical issues.
- Manage and build 15-25 email campaigns on a monthly basis using ExactTarget’s email platform.
- Build email templates that can be used across various email campaigns.
- Create email campaign documentation and ensure it is kept up-to-date, including naming conventions and quality assurance practices.
- Participate in email related meetings, such as email scheduling and training sessions.
- Develop new processes to support campaign strategies, and identify and implement solutions to campaign problems.
Formal Education & Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree or Technical Certification is required.
Knowledge & Experience:
- At least 2 years experience with ExactTarget email platform preferred, however, exposure to other 3rd party email platforms is acceptable.
- Hands-on experience with HTML, CSS, Dreamweaver, and Photoshop as they pertain in the creation and coding of emails is required. Understanding of Exact Target’s AMP Scripting is preferred.
- Ability to write coherent code, follow established coding style guidelines and quickly troubleshoot problems.
- Solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues, code solutions and email best practices.
- Aware of coding requirements and delivery issues for HTML emails.
- Working knowledge of SQL, database marketing concepts, formulas and procedures are a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Analytical and creative thinker with excellent time management and problem solving skills.
- Ability to successfully organize and prioritize multiple email template projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- Impeccable eye for detail, strong organization skills and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work and interact smoothly and effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Dedication to meeting the expectations and requirements of members, partners and co-workers.
- Able to operate independently and with minimal supervision