- Orlando, FL
Do you have the Drive?
Ridemakerz is a new interactive, retail entertainment concept where kids of all ages build their Confidence, express their Creativity, and exercise their Choice while creating their own tricked-out customized Radio Controlled car! The RZ team works in a Collaborative effort to build a sense of Community both in the store and the areas we serve. If you are a retail professional seeking an organization that will RIDE THE TALK, then this may be for you. We are currently looking for the BEST Crew Members in Orlando to join the fun at our rapidly growing company!
ManagerJob Title: Associate Manager
Reports to: Crew Chief/ Assistant Manager
Position type: Part-time Hourly (20 – 30 hours per week)
At RIDEMAKERZ, the Associate Manager works with the Assistant Manager and the Crew Chief to drive the success of our workshops. They are responsible for assisting the Crew Chief in directing and leading a team of dynamic individuals to achieve the company objectives in regards to WOW guest experiences, WOW crew member experiences, and meeting sales and profitability goals set forth by the company.
The Associate Manager must be an exceptional role model in delivering superior guest service and motivating the team to do the same. They will work directly with the Crew Chief to promote operational excellence, all the while gaining the knowledge and skills required to supervise the store effectively.
As part of their every day responsibilities, the Associate Manager must achieve comp sales and/or sales plan all the while delivering sales metric performance in line with company expectations and consistently achieving excellent results in guest satisfaction.
The Associate Manager must be in full command of the total store in the Crew Chief and Assistant Manager's absence.
This job is part time and a flexible schedule is necessary.
- Energizes crew members as a Floor Leader to ensure proper floor coverage, quality guest service, completion of daily tasks and adherence to company standards.
- Assists in the development of a guest service and sales driven crew member team by participating in the training of new crew members. Provides practical and timely feedback while coaching the “must see behaviors”.
- Assists management team in maintaining crew member retention within company goals. Contributes to a good team environment in the store by recognizing crew member successes and helping to boost team morale.
- Assists in the timely processing and merchandising of incoming and outgoing shipments. Processes damages and store transfers as needed.
- Maintains daily awareness of merchandise in stock, current marketing campaigns and promotions. Communicates any issues to Crew Chief.
- Processes guest transactions, performs register functions and follows company cash management policies and procedures.
- Complete start of day procedures when opening and end of day procedures when closing to ensure store is Grand Opening ready at all times.
- Assists management team with payroll and timekeeping procedures. Audits daily punches to ensure accuracy and compliance with RIDEMAKERZ policies and procedures.
- Maintains housekeeping and maintenance standards through proper crew member training and delegation.
- Executes visual presentation standards using RIDEMAKERZ visual standard guidelines and store presentation tools.
- Communicates clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing. Maintains a positive and motivational style in all communication and actions to promote productivity and ownership.
The Associate Manager:
- With partnership of the Crew Chief and Rally Leader approval, the Associate Manager may be involved with, but not solely accountable for, HR functions including: Selection, Interviewing, Hiring, Scheduling or writing and or delivering Performance Appraisals or Counseling’s.
- Should work a schedule based on their skill set and experience that will best meet the needs of the business. Discretion and good judgment, as well as Rally Leader partnership, should be used when determining the schedule for the busier days or times that are critical to the success of the business.
- One + Years with a proven, successful track record in a customer centric business, preferably in specialty retail or restaurant business.
- Minimum of high school diploma or GED equivalent. College degree a plus.
- Is ambitious and success oriented.
- Exceptional leadership and selling skills.
- Models personal and professional integrity.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills, including verbal and written communication.
- Organized and planful; pays attention to details.
- Is flexible and adaptable in a fast paced work environment.
- Fosters a high energy environment and demonstrates an appreciation for children of all ages.