- Toronto, ON, Canada
- Employees can work remotely
- Department: Pipeline
As a company founded and run by an artist, it's our mission to provide talented artists with the freedom and resources they need to deliver quality work and to thrive in a fun and creative environment.
The Pipeline Developer develops tools and solutions in order to optimize the production workflow and to ensure advances in the Rodeo FX pipeline to produce visual effects that meet the studio’s high quality standards.
- Create verifiable, effective, and reusable tools using best software development practices;
- Develop pipeline tools to for in-house applications and also for software such as Maya, Houdini and Katana, ensuring that they meet departmental standards as requested by supervisors and/or heads of department;
- Participate in the complete software development lifecycle, including requirements gathering, designing, supporting and maintaining software;
- Create and communicate documentation on the tools developed and provide training to other users;
- Perform quality control on work before submitting it for review/approval, ensuring all technical specifications are met, and integrate comments from peer review;
- Keep the project team and/or the Head of Pipeline informed of the status of work, issues to be resolved, ramifications of problems encountered and recommend potential solutions;
- Ensure deadlines are met, advising the project team promptly if delays could be expected.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in VFX Pipelines;
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other related field, or equivalent experience;
- Fluent communication skills in English;
- Proficient with Python 2.x/3.x and/or C++;
- Good knowledge of Nuke, Houdini, Maya or Katana;
- Experience working on scripts and command line applications (Unix);
- Good understanding of Linux operating system;
- Strong skills in debugging and development tests;
- Able to communicate solutions to issues in a clear and concise manner;
- Excellent sense of prioritization and respect of deadlines.
- Full-time, Permanent Contract;
- 5 paid sick days;
- 2 additional statutory holidays in the winter holidays;
- Group Insurance, access to Dialogue online support and to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
- RRSP with employer contribution.
Diversity is a core value at Rodeo FX. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable work environment where diversity is celebrated and valued. We believe every member on our team enriches our work by exposing us to a broad range of ways to perceive and interact with the world, identify challenges, and to design and deliver projects.