Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Compliance Officer
FINRA Member Broker-Dealer
Summary: Will be responsible for conducting AML and Know Your Customer (KYC) reviews, investigations and pertinent remediation in addition to Ad Hoc projects.
Candidates must have a very good understanding of AML, KYC, BSA, OFAC, and regulatory policies with the ability to apply regulatory concepts in the day-to-day job functions. You must possess experience in conducting thorough research on higher risk customers, (primarily Non-US customers and entities) and using systems and databases for investigative purposes with the ability to review high risk client activity and identify unusual patterns. You will be responsible for collecting and analyzing documents related to account opening requirements in order to identify control persons and underlying beneficial owners. Must possess exceptional research and analytical skills with the ability to analyze large amounts of data and decipher high risk attributes. Previous experience covering Broker Dealer business in an AML capacity is needed.
Job Requirements and Responsibilities include:
- Assist in the administration and review of Client Risk Scoring, Client Identification and KYC documentation oversight requirements. Conducting reviews of client documentation/information submitted by business units; A good understanding of Corporate Documents associated with Offshore Shell Corporations and Foreign Financial Institutions is needed.
- Responsible for performing KYC/CDD/EDD on new customers and during periodic account reviews. Work with business units (branch personnel, financial advisors) to resolve account opening issues, obtain necessary information during investigations and perform on going reviews of the KYC/customer. Follow up and track all documents required to satisfy new account requirements.
- Assist in KYC periodical reviews and refresh of current Client population as needed.
- Ensure that information obtained is consistent with BSA/AML Policy and Procedures and satisfies regulatory requirements. Follow up and track all documents required to satisfy new account requirements.
- Must have strong experience with research tools such as Lexis Nexis or World-Check.
- Escalate high risk issues identified to Management
- Assist Management with inquiries from employees, business managers, internal and external auditors by providing information and guidance in a timely manner
- · Handle other duties as assigned to assist with the effective administration of the AML and KYC Policies. Assist in reviewing OFAC hits and communicating OFAC and sanctions options.
- Previous knowledge in conducting transaction monitoring reviews, deep investigations, and reporting suspicious activity related to money laundering and terrorist financing (SAR filings), including wires and other anomalous activities
- Support an annual review of the efficiency and effectiveness of the transaction monitoring process.
- · 3-5 Years of experience performing the duties/responsibilities
- · Experience with KYC and AML metrics reporting
- · Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) Certification, preferred
- · College Degree(s), preferred
Base Salary depends on experience
Health benefits, 401K and monetary/cash bonus eligible.
If this sounds like the right job for you, you can use the button below to submit your resume. Please attach resume in Word format preferably. You may also email directly with attachment to [email protected]