Critical Care Nurses
- Barrie, Canada
The Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre (RVH) is a 319-bed acute care regional community hospital based in Barrie, Ontario.
The Heart of a Community
Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre (RVH) provides high quality care for city residents as well as patients from a huge geographical region - including Simcoe County and the districts of Muskoka and Parry Sound. In fact, 40 per cent of RVH’s live outside the City of Barrie.
RVH offers programs and services not found elsewhere in the region such as the region’s only Interventional Radiology suites for minimally invasive surgeries; RIVA – a robotic arm for the preparation of chemotherapy treatments – the first of its kind in Canada; one of the country’s first fully automated laboratories; the latest and most advanced MRI technology – to name just a few.
If you are looking for an employer who can offer variety, career development opportunities and an excellent working environment, please consider joining our team!
Our Critical Care Nurses meet the health care needs of Critical Care, Cardiac, Emergency, Medical and Surgical patients who require continuous monitoring and life-saving treatments.
You will provide high quality nursing care to patients and their families, within an inter-professional, team environment.
We currently have Full Time, Part Time and Temporary positions available for Registered Nurses!!
- Current Registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Completion of Coronary Care Level 1-CC1 a MUST, Completion of Coronary Care Level 2- CC2 preferred
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (B.C.L.S.) certification
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (A.C.L.S) certification
- Previous and/or current Critical Care, ICU/ER experience A MUS T(within the past 3 years)
- 1 to 2 years recent medical/surgical and/or cardiology experience
- Completion of a recognized Critical Care course or Emergency Care Course
- Must be Available for ALL shifts
- Capable of complying to the physical demands of the unit
- Evidence of commitment to team building and working within a patient focused care model
- Ability to perform multiple concurrent tasks
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, decision-making, and critical thinking skills
- Ability to work effectively and demonstrates composure under pressure/stressful conditions and to meet multiple and competing demands
- Computer experience an asset
Interested applicants please go to our career page at www.rvh.on.ca and search for “RN ICU” to apply.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.