VP of Marketing
- Boston, MA
FitnessKeeper, Inc. is the creator of the RunKeeper mobile fitness platform with millions of users around the globe. Though RunKeeper started out as a mobile fitness tracking app, we've expanded to include a vibrant online health & fitness community, and have integrated with over thirty devices, apps, and web services across a broad range of health categories to date. Hundreds of future integrations are in the works via RunKeeper's Health Graph API.
We are committed to building an incredible team. We're a group of passionate, entrepreneurial self-starters dedicated to achieving RunKeeper's vision to become a hub for health and fitness data. As a member of the RunKeeper crew, you'll be comfortable in a fluid start-up environment and will bring an energetic and creative approach to your work. We're based in Boston and offer a competitive compensation package, including stock options for all employees. Come run with the pack!
VP of Marketing
RunKeeper turns the smartphone into a personal trainer in your pocket. With a global community of more than 23M users, our growth to date has been organic. RunKeeper is well positioned to emerge as the open health platform that ties all of this disparate health and fitness data together. We need to get more sophisticated with our branding, communications, PR, community-building and user acquisition efforts. We are looking for a VP of Marketing who can build out and lead a function that is part product marketer, part storyteller, part community-builder, and part user acquisition machine.
- Create a marketing plan and strategy and determine which aspects to invest in and how heavily
- Lead the branding/positioning efforts around our core product and broader company
- Lead community-building efforts, through social media, blogging, and other global/local campaigns in the digital and physical worlds
- Spearhead all external communications efforts, including app store relations, media relations, product launches, speaking engagements, and other initiatives to increase our visibility and build our brand
- Evaluate various user acquisition channels to determine which ones are most effective and implement a plan
- Proven leadership experience in a marketing role within a high-growth consumer technology startup
- Attention to detail, and experience leading branding/positioning efforts, managing communications functions, creating content, and managing various forms of user acquisition
- Creativity and entrepreneurship to define creative ways to increase brand awareness and thought leadership