- Calgary, Canada
SAExploration is a geophysical services company offering seismic data acquisition services to the oil and gas industry in North America, South America, and Southeast Asia. SAE provides a full range of services related to the acquisition of your 2D,3D and 3C (Multi-Component) seismic data project on land, in transition zones and in shallow water.
Our fully integrated services include program planning and permitting, program design, logistics management, HSE management, camp services, survey, drilling, recording and in-field processing and QC. We have established a reputation for our ability to operate successfully in complex environments by collaborating closely with our customers and building strong relationships with the communities where we operate.
Observers are an integral part of the field crew. They are responsible for the overall safe operations of recording instruments. Typically, the Observer supervises crew operations to ensure safe and productive acquisition of high quality data. In the field, they are ensuring that recording and testing operations are complying with program parameters. From a safety perspective, Observers are responsible for ensuring company policies, regulatory requirements and customer expectations are being met.
- Responsible for safe operations of recording instruments
- Supervises crew operations to ensure quality seismic data is recorded in a safe and productive manner
- Ensures proper use and maintenance of SAExploration assets
- Prepares and executes a plan for field recording to ensure that all recording and testing operations complies with client parameters
- Complies with and enforces policies and procedures of SAExploration and the customer, as well as regulatory or industry requirements
- Assists in developing and mentoring of junior field personnel
- Must be legally entitled to work in the region applying for and willing to travel
- Proven leadership ability and strong skills in seismic operations management
- This is a safety sensitive position and will be subject to the relevant requirements of the SAExporation Alcohol and Drug policy
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in seismic acquisition
- Extensive experience with seismic recording systems and operations including Sercel 408/ 428 Dynamite and Vibroseis
- 2D, 3D, 4D, Heli-portable, conventional seismic experience an asset
- Strong technical aptitude
- Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft office products
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills