Microsoft Windows 7 Migration Technician
- Sacramento, CA
SA Technologies Inc is a Oracle Gold and SAP Partner and continues to be a market leader and one of the best SAP, Oracle & IT Consulting firms in the country for more than 10 years.
All SA Technologies’ requirements are Direct Client Requirements.
We guarantee you the best rate for your skills and performance.
- Report to Information Technology Endpoint Support Supervisor and Microsoft Windows 7 Upgrade Project Manager.
- Coordinate with end users and desktop support staff to help manage deployment schedule.
- Perform data backups, WinXP to Win7 OS Migrations, Software Installations, and data restores. We anticipate that there will be 20-30 migrations per week.
- Coordinate and perform physical PC replacements as necessary, sometimes in multiple buildings/locations.
- Field initial issues with deployed PCs, and escalate to appropriate internal staff as appropriate.
- Work with Desktop Support staff and/or project team to resolve any issues that arise.
- Report status of migrations to Supervisor and Project Manager on a regular basis.
Ability to work flexible hours to include possible evenings and weekends.
- 2 to 3 years of progressively responsible relevant recent work experience in the areas of installing, maintaining and supporting computer hardware, OS, and software.
- Experience using Altiris or other Desktop management suite to deploy images and software packages.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office applications including Outlook and Excel.
- Ability to work with minimal direction, also able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to lift approximately 35 lb. computer equipment without assistance and may require unconventional positioning (crawling under desks, bending, etc.).
- Strong communication and customer service skills.
- Valid driver’s license.
- A COMP TIA A+ Technical Certification is desirable.
- MCITP in Windows OS desirable.
Experience with Symantec/Altiris Management Software is desirable.
Please also share this job to any friend/colleague who you think would be interested in receiving SAP, Oracle & IT contract Direct Client Jobs.
If your referred candidate gets successfully placed with our Client, then you will be entitled for a referral bonus of $500.
Please feel free to call at 408-833-6257 or mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.