- Kent, WA
Who We Are.
At Shape Technologies Group (SHAPE) we’re devoted to a single goal: delivering innovative manufacturing process solutions that propel our customers to success. SHAPE is a strategic ecosystem of companies including Flow International, Dynamic Robotic Solutions (DRS), KMT Waterjet, H20 Jet, AquaDyne, Advanced Pressure Systems (APS), Tech-Con Automation, Aquarese, Projet System and TOPS. Collectively, we provide an extensive portfolio of manufacturing process solutions to customers around the world. The core technology of SHAPE was founded in high pressure waterjet cutting, cleaning, and surface preparation. Today, SHAPE’s offerings span automated assembly, material handling, software, process control, robotic motion systems, ultrahigh-pressure cutting and cleaning, aftermarket parts, and extensive support.
The SHAPE difference can be seen in our people. With industry leading technologists, manufacturing experts, and skilled service professionals, SHAPE team members listen to our customers to anticipate their needs and deliver technical know-how that transforms our customers’ visions into reality.
Spanning 100 countries and a broad array of industries, SHAPE is expanding its reach through a growing number of direct and indirect channels. By partnering with our customers, we become integral to the successful design and manufacture of their next-generation products. We continually scour the globe for new, industry-leading technologies to add to our differentiated portfolio of offerings and grow our customer base. Our vision is to become the preeminent advanced process solutions partner handling the highly engineered products of tomorrow.
What it’s Like to Work Here.
We are a team of technology enthusiasts who pride ourselves on constantly raising the industry bar. Our world is fast paced and customer focused. With principles, performance and an authentic passion for results deeply rooted in our daily interactions. We strive to create a trust-based environment where driving results and positive attitudes coexist. We are friendly, respectful, and motivated to deliver strong performance in everything we do.
What We Offer.
In addition to training and career advancement opportunities, we offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), paid time off and more.
The Inventory Supervisor is responsible for first-line management and overall performance of his/her department. This position has primary ownership for identifying and implementing strategies, processes, and tools to meet the customer service, schedule, and quality goals. Responsibilities also include coaching and managing associates to high performance standards and recognizing individual and team successes. The Inventory Supervisor works in concert with the senior management team and leadership in other functional areas in the pursuit of operational excellence and the company’s overall success.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and execute Fulfillment Center & Warehouse operational plans to meet customer service, schedule, and quality goals.
- Conduct daily stand-up meetings, to communicate the daily operational plan, work assignments, successes & lessons learned, policy updates, and company news.
- Maintain team morale. Foster communication and teamwork among staff. Give consistent and timely feedback to direct reports. Provide verbal and written recognition for a job well done. Deliver corrective action when necessary.
- Conduct formal monthly one-on-one reviews with direct reports to share individual performance and provide structured coaching.
- Benchmark industry best practices. Develop, document, and implement standard work processes and instructions. Cross-train personnel and reinforce process adherence for error-free, on-time deliveries to internal and external customers.
- Reinforce a customer-centric culture. Collaborate with multiple departments to identify customer service problems, make improvement recommendations, and implement changes.
- Maintain departmental staffing levels. Recruit, hire, and conduct new-hire training as required.
- 3+ years of prior high-volume fulfillment center experience is a must. 2+ years of leadership experience (lead position acceptable, but supervisory role preferred).
- Thorough knowledge of fulfillment/distribution systems and technology.
- Degree or APICS Certification in Logistics/Supply Chain Management disciplines.
- Innovative/creative change agent. Strong organizational skills. Careful attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a cooperative team player.
Think You’ve Got What it Takes?
If you’re ready to have some fun, focus on results, and drive for the pursuit of quality in everything you do, we want you to join us.
Click I'm Interested today!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.