Enterprise Development Specialist
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in 39 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
For more information on SNV's operations, visit our website: www.snvworld.org
SIDA funded five years program- “Livelihoods Improvement for Women and Youth in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia-(LI-WAY)” is a market development program that aims to improve the livelihood of 200,000 poor women and youth in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. LI-WAY is facilitated by a consortium partners with SNV as a lead and including MercyCorps, TechnoServe and Save the Children International.
SNV is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for an Enterprise Development Specialist position. The successful candidate, in close collaboration with the program team of the consortium partners (CPs) will conduct market diagnosis, identify constraints, design and facilitate development of the enterprise market systems that aim at enhancing the start-up and growth of enterprise using the Making Market Works for Poor (M4P) approach.
Duties and Responsibilities include
- Conduct assessment of enterprise markets system to identify constraints and opportunities for livelihoods improvement of women and youth in Addis Ababa.
- Facilitate the work plans development, implementation and ongoing monitoring within the enterprise market systems.
- Develop the interventions, result chains, indicators and document learning for enterprise market system that empower women and youth.
- Identifications, assessments and selections of the potential implementing partners for selected and emerging intervention areas.
- Build the business model and technical capacity of selected service providers that improve the efficiency and effectiveness of market functions,
- Engage in market promotion and dissemination of relevant market information in supporting the LI-WAY targeted enterprises;
- Identify and collate the context specific information at national, meso and micro levels relevant for facilitating services or conditions for promoting the start-ups and growth of the enterprises.
- Perform other functions as may be assigned by LI-WAY management.
- At least a Master’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Marketing, Entrepreneurship and other related fields.
- At least 7 years direct experience in enterprise development;
- Experience in marketing, business development and access to finance;
- Experience in public and private sector development;
- Experience in Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P) approach is an added value.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Considerable knowledge of sound enterprise business policies, procedures including range of business support services such as business, financing, sales and marketing;
- Understanding of range of enterprise business opportunities supporting business start-ups and business expansions;
- Strong analytical and operational knowledge of enterprise development.
- Strong networking, partnership and interpersonal skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and in writing, work independently and as part of the team, and work effectively with co-workers, partner agencies and the private sector;
- Computer proficiency in MS word, excel, and power point is required.
How to Apply
Candidates should apply by sending:
i) A motivation letter;
ii) An updated Curriculum Vitae, and;
iii) Names and contact details of two professional referees.
Only applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their applications through e-mail at lendalkachew @snv.org on or before 9th February 2018.
NB: You are required to mention the title of the position on the subject line.