Knowledge Management Expert
- Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation. Founded in the Netherlands 50 years ago, we have built a long-term, local presence in 39 of the poorest countries in Asia, Africa and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors works with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organisations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase their incomes and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
For more information on SNV's operations, visit our website: www.snvworld.org
SIDA funded five years program- “Livelihoods Improvement for Women and Youth in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia-(LI-WAY)” is a market development program that aims to improve the livelihood of 200,000 poor women and youth in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. LI-WAY is facilitated by a consortium partners with SNV as a lead and including MercyCorps, TechnoServe and Save the Children International.
SNV is currently seeking applications from qualified candidates for Knowledge Management Expert position. The successful candidate, in working closely with the Monitoring and Evaluation team, will lead and coordinate the knowledge management activities for LI-WAY. S/he will be responsible for providing technical leadership in the area of identifications, documentation, packaging, storing and and sharing knowledge from LI-WAY program. In addition, S/he responisble for building the capacity of Li-WAY team and its partners in the areas of Li-WAY knowedge management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead and coordinate the knowledge development activities at program and intervention levels among the consortium and partners.
- Lead the ongoing compilation, a collection of tools, manuals, training modules and other self-contained materials (text, audio, visual or multimedia) relevant for LI-WAY.
- Identity and document key information and data for better understanding of the Li-WAY target groups and their context from the primary and secondary data sources.
- Facilitate the development of case studies and summaries of evidence-based good and promising practices.
- Distilled knowledge in the form of lessons learned and step-by-step guidance for implementation of M&E plans at the various stages of the programme cycle, including guidance on specific indicators in each result chains.
- Lead the LI-WAY branding and communication strategy within the consortium members, partners and broader stakeholders.
- Develop the appropriate technology that allow effective and efficient knowledge management system.
At least a Master’s degree in project management, business management and Administration, Economics, Marketing, Entrepreneurship and related fields
- At least 5 years direct experience in information, communication and technology and knowledge management
- Experience in documentation and packaging of learning in different forms (case studies, videos and audios).
- At least 2 year direct experience on monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in working in NGOs, public and private sector development.
- Experience in urban program, youth and women economic empowerment.
- Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P) approach is an added value.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proven skills and knowledge in development and facilitating knowledge management system, tools and approach.
- Understanding market system diagnose and development
- Strong ability to document and communicate effectively in oral and in writing, work independently and as part of the team, and work effectively with co-workers, partner agencies and the private sector;
- Computer proficiency in -MS word, excel, and power point other relevant knowledge management applications.
How to Apply
Candidates should apply by sending:
i) A motivation letter;
ii) An updated Curriculum Vitae, and;
iii) Names and contact details of two professional referees.
Only applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their applications through e-mail at lendalkachew @snv.org on or before 9th February 2018.
NB: You are required to mention the title of the position on the subject line.