Special Security Representative
- Kabul, Afghanistan
For 25 years, clients in the private and public sectors have relied upon SOS International LLC (SOSi) for critical operations in the world’s most challenging environments. SOSi is privately held, was founded by its current ownership in 1989, maintains corporate headquarters in New York City, and specializes in providing logistics, construction, training, intelligence, and information technology solutions to the defense, diplomatic, intelligence and law enforcement communities.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. SOSi takes affirmative action in support of its policy to advance employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
SOS International LLC (SOSi) is seeking a Special Security Representative (SSR) supporting our United States Government (USG) customer. The Special Security Representative will conduct
day-to-day-management and implementation of SCI Security and administrative management for a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) in Kabul, Afghanistan. This position reports to the
In-Country Program Manager.
Essential Job Duties:
• Conducts day-to-day-management and implementation of SCI Security and administrative management for a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF)
• Advises and assist military senior leaders with SCI program management
and policy, plans, and operations integration
• Coordinates with parent Special Security Offices as required
• Manages all SCI activities in support of organization
• Liaises with representatives from USAFOR-A, ISAF and other U.S. Department of Defense agencies as required
• Comply with all published HSE policies and procedures. Foster safe work practices for all coworkers and subordinates. Report any and all deficiencies to management with an eye towards continuous safety improvement
• US citizenship with current DOD TOP SECRET clearance, with full eligibility for current SCI-indoctrination
• Previous SCI-indoctrination up to the S/TK/C/H level required, and must be willing to submit to and able to pass a CI-scope polygraph
• Five (5) years of DoD security management experience, with at least 2 years as a fully qualified and certified SSO or SSR
• Possess a thorough knowledge of DoD 5105.21-M1 and DCIC 1/19, as well as other applicable security policies and procedures
• Function effectively during heightened threat levels and extended periods of high stress and physical danger and discomfort
• Organize and properly prioritize work assignments and function well in an environment that requires constant multi-tasking - and often long hours
• Excellent written, oral, briefing, interpersonal and technical skills
• Live and work daily with military customer in austere conditions across Afghanistan
• Function effectively and efficiently in a conflict zone, during extended periods of high pressure and stress Work Environment: