Product Engineer ~ Software ~ Livonia
"We make sure you get the Highest Rate for your Expertise"
Major Automotive Supplier
Within the Product Engineering Braking Business Unit, Basic Software Department, responsibilities for the position include delivery of Antilock Braking, Traction Control, Electronic Stability Control and related brake control embedded software to internal program application teams. The software must be capable of meeting customer and internal performance requirements as well as quality requirements. Support all phases of the design, development, analysis, testing and implementation within a team comprised of software specialists working together to release application programs.
These releases are utilized by application program teams and may vary in scope from maintenance updates to the introduction of new state-of-the-art functionality. Coordinate with software and vehicle application groups to address system and subsystem issues as they arise on specific customer programs. Interface with development groups overseas in support of global common core designs. Maintain development plan, create or update design description documents, calibration manuals, test plans and reports. Maintain appropriate engineering procedures throughout the product development process to achieve engineering deliverables which include cost, reliability and manufacturing objectives.
- Minimum of four to eight+ years of automotive engineering experience working in product development with a preferred focus on vehicle braking systems.
- Experience in “C” programming with either embedded microcontroller or digital electronics training.
- Knowledge of debugging and simulation development tools such as Matlab and Simulink.
- Experience with OOA and MISRA coding, preemptive OSEK operation systems and vehicle communications protocol are desirable.
- Outstanding problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Able to travel to various global Technical Centers as required.
- Six Sigma Black Belt / Green Belt certification preferred
- Minimum of bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering,
- Computer Science or related field.
Masters degree preferred.