Project Manager / 8596
- Sugar Land, TX
Local client is in need of Project Manager
The Project Manager position is responsible for leading and managing the various projects within the Solution Delivery team. Projects will be defined within the program in which they work. At a summary level, the projects will consist of the design, development and delivery of various customer solutions. The PM will plan, organize and control all activities associated with the implementation of assigned projects of varying sizes. This individual will lead project teams following Agile practices and work closely with clients (internal and external), technical personnel and coordinate across functions to ensure on-time, on-budget, and in-spec delivery of the projects. This position is responsible for creation and tracking of project plans, running status meetings, gathering project materials and information and integrating Agile practices into project teams. This position is also responsible for maintaining all FOS division project reporting using the FOS PMM processes and tools. Solid experience in software project and program management, process documentation and reporting, and documentation is required along with excellent communication skills. Able to speak to external customers and represent the company in business settings as needed.
- Typically requires 5 years systems, analysis, and conversion project management experience.
- Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines.
- Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents
- Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them
- Has knowledge of a specific trade, technical function, and/or a professional discipline. May help less experienced personnel.
- Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process.
- Has working knowledge of the organization.
- BS in Computer Science, MIS, or equivalent.
ADDITIONAL SKILLS/CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSES Preferred
• Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
• Six Sigma Yellow or Green Belt Certification a plus