Systems Administrator Sr / 8778
- Duluth, GA
Local client searching for Systems Administrator Sr
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following tasks:
• Provide operational system administration support for AIX based servers in a high availability, 24x7x365 environment.
• Perform troubleshooting, resolution and problem analysis.
• Approve and execute Change Controls for hardware, OS and applications.
• Monitor alerting systems and servers.
• Drive continual service improvement.
• Provide and receive cross training from immediate support team.
• In-depth documentation of activities and system configuration.
• Develop custom reports to meet the business needs.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent job related experience.
Job Related Experience
Minimum five years of experience with AIX platforms.
OS troubleshooting and provisioning
In-depth understanding of PowerPath
Performance tuning analysis
PowerVM/VIO – install, configure, and support
Perl and Bash scripting
Strong troubleshooting and analytical thinking skills.
Able to adapt to change in deadlines and changes in the nature of assignments.
Capable of clear and direct communication with peers and management
Ability to navigate a large organization and to influence others beyond their direct authority
Able to manage assignments and meet deadlines with minimal supervision, while recognizing the need for a high degree of accuracy and quality