- Houston, TX
Staffing consulting for SME.
• Perform engineering design evaluations, calculations and analysis.
• Prepare reports, correspondence, procedures, specifications, and technical calculations.
• Develop a thermodynamic simulation model of the process facility, conduct process screening/optimization studies and produce report, generate heat and material balances, size process equipment, size lines, generate utility consumption summaries, generate equipment list, produce datasheets and functional specifications for equipment, develop process flow diagrams, develop piping & instrument diagrams, and size pressure safety valves.
• Prepare piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID’s).
• Prepare and/or review calculations, simulations, specifications and data sheets.
• Prepare documentation, information, communications and engineering specifications and ensures conformance to all policies and procedures related to engineering functions, labor reporting and systems reporting.
• Consult with other departments on equipment designs, problems and questions.
• May travel occasionally to field sites to assist with product related problems or to obtain application data.
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering. Five to Ten years professional experience in process engineering. Oil and gas project experience.
• Knowledge of competing and alternative technologies.
• Demonstrated ability to independently create functional & cost effective designs that meet complex specification requirements.
• Must demonstrate ability to prepare root cause analysis, develop alternative solutions and communicate associated benefits and risks.
• Regularly demonstrates capability for conceptualizing designs.
• Demonstrates good organization and project planning skills.
• Shows evidence of ability to guide and mentor others and demonstrates some degree of leadership ability.
• Technical expertise in Oil and Gas and process engineering applications.