- Houston, TX
Staffing consulting for SME.
• Manages the day-to-day activities for accounts payable, accounts receivable and
fixed assets. Directs and coordinates all disbursements and receivables processes for
assigned companies including accounts payable and accounts receivable. Provides
analysis and reporting information, accounting services, and budgetary control in
accordance with Business Unit Policies and Procedures.
• Implements and maintains effective and efficient controls for AP, AR, Fixed Assets and
Payroll, in compliance with Corporate policies as well as departmental procedures and
practices (including desk procedures). Maintains an integral role in the JSOX process.
Facilitates integration and alignment with the company’s anti-corruption program.
• Responsible for preparing and reviewing account reconciliations including the
timeliness and accuracy thereof. Prepares and/or reviews journal entries. Responsible
for customer and vendor master files and propriety of related Agings. Responsible for
invoicing and disbursements. Works to ensure a timely and effective monthly close
• Responsible for, or plays a key role, in various required tax matters (e.g., 1099, 1042,
property, sales, tax equalization, escheatment) including withholdings, renditions, and
• Responsible for assisting in preparation for internal and external audits – serving as the
primary contact point and liaison for facilitating and coordinating an effective and efficient
audit process and meeting PBC and support requests.
• Responsible for coordinating, communicating, and confirming related party transaction
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. C.P.A or MBA preferred.
• Knowledge of U.S. GAAP and IFRS preferred. Must be familiar with a multi-currency
• At least 5 years’ experience in a variety of accounting functions with at least 2
to 3 years of supervisory experience required. Experience in a project accounting
environment is desirable.
• Experience in performance measurement and business process improvement is
required to assist the management team in implementing improvement initiatives world-
• Computer skills with proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and financial system
• Demonstrated communication skills are required to interact with all levels of
management, to lead teams and to oversee the work of others.
• Shows evidence of good organization and project planning skills.
• Demonstrates ability to formulate, interpret and apply relevant policies and procedures.