Team Lead Client Service Engineer
- Belcamp, MD
SafeNet is a leading global provider of data protection. For over 30 years, Fortune 500 global corporations and government agencies have turned to SafeNet to secure and protect their most valuable data assets and intellectual property. SafeNet’s data-centric approach focuses on the protection of high value information throughout its lifecycle, from the data center to the cloud. More than 25,000 customers across commercial enterprises and government agencies trust SafeNet to protect and control access to sensitive data, manage risk, ensure compliance, and secure virtual and cloud environments.
Under general direction provides technical support to customers, diagnosing the most complex problems, recommending workarounds, answering the most complex questions on function and usage of product via the telephone and/or Internet. Serves as primary support liaison between company and customer. Conveys customer feedback to product development staff. Possesses thorough knowledge of company’s products used by customers. Responsible for resource planning and allocation, managing customer expectations and project deliverables, and providing cross-functional escalation and communication.
Provides leadership and technical guidance to the technical support team.
Bachelors Degree or equivalent education and experience.
BSEE or BSCS, MCSE, CCIE or equivalent preferred.
6 years industry experience working in a customer support role, providing technical application support, in-depth trouble-shooting and diagnostics, and development in the area of either network security products (Enterprise TS) or programming (SRM TS).
- Excellent troubleshooting skills for complex enterprise security products.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong working knowledge of Windows
- Familiarity with virtual environments (VMWare or equivalent) is a plus but not mandatory
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities is essential
- Understanding of authentication concepts is required
- Ability to analyze logs and traces to resolve product and network issues
- Ability to write sample ode to demonstrate SafeNet product functionality
- Excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills required
Licensures, Certifications: None required. CCNA, MCSE or security related certifications are preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include, but are not limited, to, the following:
· Manage the US Client Service Engineers and maintains a high quality, professional, service-oriented company image among users.
· Acts as an incident program manager for issues that require help from other SafeNet groups such as R&D, Product Management, Order Fulfillment, etc. This includes communicating with the customer according to documented communication periodicity SLAs.
· First person of contact for sales, customers, etc.
· coordination with Noida AMER team lead
· monitor AMER queue
· Resolves clients' questions or problems over the telephone or Internet in the areas of system configurations/setup, product functionality and bugs/enhancements
· Serves as primary support liaison between company and customer
· Keeps customer informed of how and when problems are resolved
· Involved in any additional follow up, testing and troubleshooting
· Responsible for appropriate referral to other support and quality assurance areas
· Write technical notes, application notes, case studies and solutions
· Drive “Product Champion Program”
· Periodic 24x7 support duties
· Other duties as assigned