Customer Service Representative (RMA) Specialist
- Belcamp, MD
SafeNet is a leading global provider of data protection. For over 30 years, Fortune 500 global corporations and government agencies have turned to SafeNet to secure and protect their most valuable data assets and intellectual property. SafeNet’s data-centric approach focuses on the protection of high value information throughout its lifecycle, from the data center to the cloud. More than 25,000 customers across commercial enterprises and government agencies trust SafeNet to protect and control access to sensitive data, manage risk, ensure compliance, and secure virtual and cloud environments.
A highly skilled Customer Service Representative (RMA) Specialist who contributes to the development of the RMA process both from a customer service and a customer perspective, and assists in the establishment of a world class process. Under direction, oversees and processes all RMA requests for the AMER region.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working in a related role such as order entry/management, inventory management, purchasing, or shipping - preferably in RMA management activities
- Preferred experience in a fast-paced organization, technology or similar preferred.
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma is required.
- Oracle Enterprise Resource System required.
- Advanced Word / Excel skills a plus.
- Able to understand RMA concepts and polices
- Proactively manages issues and activities and can prioritize well
- Strong communications, highly motivated individual capable of working with limited direction
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines while following explicit policy and procedures
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced, high-tech, multi culture environments
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented, and works well in a team environment or as an independent contributor.
- Ability to work calmly, maintains a professional demeanor, produce results under pressure, and escalate to management appropriately.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
RMA/Order Processing/Project Participation/Reporting:
- Communication with customers, sales team members, and SafeNet employees in courteous and professional manner with regards to RMAs, status requests, general inquiries, account problems, customer concerns and suggestions
- Data entry of required information ensuring integrity, accuracy, and confidentiality
- Acquire and maintain a thorough knowledge of all products and services related to RMA
- Facilitate thorough, rapid resolution of all inquiries/problems and keeps all involved parties informed of progress
- Create, update, and maintain reports as needed
- Set priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Report customer suggestions and feedback
- Support process improvement and work with appropriate departments to resolve RMA system issues, process issues, etc.
- Clean up and maintenance of RMA backlog
- Follow up on all open, outstanding, un-returned RMA’s (flag when appropriate and help to determine next steps)
- Investigate and report on all RMA misses due to Customer Service delay or error
- Propose and implement improvements to the process/procedure
- Attend related meetings and projects as the RMA subject matter expert and makes recommendations on established processes and new processes
- Focus on ways to improve the RMA process globally; RMA Excellence
- May be required to act as a team lead or conduct training on RMA process for the Customer Service organization
- Ability to work in a fast paced, complex, and high pressure environment
- Complete assignments involving the use of independent judgment and personal initiative.
- Understand the organization and operation of the company and of outside agencies as necessary to assigned responsibilities.
- Understand, interpret, and apply general and specific administrative and departmental policies and procedures.
- Exercise tact and judgment in responding to inquiries and resolving issues.
- Maintain records and reports.
- Work under steady pressure with frequent interruptions and a high degree of public contact by telephone, email, or in person.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work
- Other duties as assigned