Web Application Developer
- Reston, VA
SaferAging is a company that is using innovative hardware and software to create advanced monitoring services for seniors. At the heart of our system, we use battery-powered, ultra-low powered wifi technology to create solutions that are simple to use and install. Status information is shared with caregivers and family members via web and wireless applications. An advanced rules engine provides lots of flexibility on what conditions trigger alerts, and who and how someone is notified of a potential issue. The company provides the right individuals the ability to work with the latest software (e.g., node.js, Objective C, etc.) and hardware.
Join our team at SaferAging and help build the next generation of senior health monitoring using the latest technologies and techniques. Work with an intimate and advanced technology team building hardware, software, and web products.
Our development is led by Chris Williams (@voodootikigod), author of Node-Serialport
- Design and develop scalable web applications using Node.js and the Express Framework
- Develop web application UIs using HTML5, JS, Bootstrap, and EJS
- Work as part of an agile team on leading edge technologies
- Integrate web services and aggregate data from various services using JSON based REST APIs
- Utilize Test Driven Development to ensure high quality deliverables
- Debug mission critical production systems without affecting service quality or availability
- Experience designing, coding and deploying server side web applications and front-end web UIs for mobile or web based systems
- Demonstrated expertise in HTML5, JS, CSS, and template-based web frameworks
- Proven experience in open source based server side web application development (Node.js, Rails, Grails, Django or similar)
- Experience with Node.js a major plus. Expertise with JS and the ability to learn Node.js quickly is a must.
- Experience using REST web services
- Proven understanding of Git SCM required