Store Manager in Training
- Fairbanks, AK
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide customer service as currently defined by the employer within the scope of the position and within company policy
- Supervise all store employees
- Accountable for overall profits and for sales volume of total store
- Identify problems and opportunities. Utilize management information resources when making decisions
- Customer/Public Relations: Work with customers, public relations groups, involvement in community affairs. Responsible for
- implementing and support Safeway’s commitment to diversity
- Employee Relations: Review training and development plans, monitor, supervise and conduct employee evaluations, handle
- employee grievances, deal with union representative and administer union contracts. Interview, hire and terminate employees.
- Meet with employees or customers to resolve disputes or complaints
- Supervise subordinates. Mentor, delegate, make sound recommendations for promotions, review and evaluate job performance
- Problem Solving: Develop feasible, realistic solutions to operating problems, recommend actions designed to prevent problems, assign problems to subordinates when appropriate and refer problems to upper management when necessary.
- Planning & Organizing: Develop long range plans to solve complex problems. Co-ordinate store and district activities
- Adherence to federal and local laws. Adherence to Safeway Company policies
- During the day periodically check condition, appearance and available stock of store
- Operate computer to prepare memos, forms, and e-mail. Complete paperwork consisting of forms and schedules
- May be required to work any of the other positions in the store.
- Retail Management certificate through WAFC strongly preferred
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to follow company customer service procedures. Demonstrated prior customer service skills or related experience
- Ability to interact with customers and co-workers
- Ability to understand and follow instructions
- Prior experience as an Assistant Store Manager or industry equivalent
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Must have successfully completed SMS
Safeway is one of the largest retailer grocerss in the United States, and a Fortune 100 company. We are proud to be a part of local communities, and our customers can always count on us for great prices on the freshest produce and meat, plus thousands of everyday lower prices down every aisle. Our website offers recipes, meal tips and great options for healthier living. We also deliver groceries in many major U.S. cities and suburbs. Customers can order anytime from their home or office, or order on-the-go using our mobile app.