- Katy, TX
Saipem, is a leader in the engineering sector and services for the oil industry. The company is organized in two Business Units: Engineering and Construction Drilling, with a strong propensity towards oil & gas-related activities in remote areas and deepwater. Saipem is an international company, with a presence on five continents and more than 180 branches and subsidiaries. Furthermore, Saipem has a strong multicultural element: there are more than 30,000 employees from over 100 countries.
- Analyze the contract terms and identify areas of possible risks and opportunities related to the application of contract clauses
- Manage and coordinate (at headquarter/site Company Level) contract administration activities, providing contract administration resources to projects, ensuring that all aspects of the contract during the execution phase are addressed with the objective of contributing to maximize project revenues
- Transfer originals of contractual documents to proper function(s), in accordance with the applicable procedures.
- Ensure that contractual information used by the project team is accurate and up‐to‐date
- Liaise with project team, participate to meetings, examine drafts, revise and file all correspondence having a contractual relevance exchanged during project execution with clients, partners, subcontractors and authorities
- Advise the Project Manager on aspects of Project execution which deviate from contract requirements
- Manage the change order process from identification to resolution of change: prepare, interfacing with involved functions, and negotiate any claims against or from client, joint‐venture partners and subcontractors
- Check that milestone completion notices and other documents required for payment meet contractual requirements, as required by the AFC function
- Ensure in liaison with the other functions that the required insurance coverage is timely put in place and that required insurance certificates are provided/obtained from vendors, subcontractors and joint‐venture partners
- Assist the Project Manager whenever a loss and/or damage falling under an insurance program occurs. Subsequently follow up the evolution of the loss, providing support for the orderly build‐up of the documentary evidence to be used to substantiate the insurance claim and attending the negotiations with the loss adjuster in conjunction with the relevant Insurance function
- In coordination with the Project Manager, attempt amicable resolution of disputes with client, partners and subcontractors.
- Provide support to the Litigation function in case of legal proceedings or arbitration
- Participate to Contract Close‐out and end‐of‐project reporting to client, partners and internally.
- Organize contractual and commercial part of final report to client. Coordinate commercial part with technical part
- Manage and coordinate (at headquarter/site Company level) contract administration activities, ensuring that projects are properly staffed with adequate contract administration resources
- Manage, coordinate and supervise contract administrators, giving assistance and advice when necessary.
- Monitor and verify that contract administration activities are properly performed
- Ensure necessary liaison with other competent Saipem functions, in particular with AFC, Insurance, Procurement and Risk functions
- Ensure regular reporting as required
- Ensure, for the area in own remit, that the relevant Golden Rules and Silver Guidelines are implemented
- Ensure collection and sharing within the Legal function of lessons learned, feedbacks and returns of experience on problems/criticalities encountered during project execution
- JD or Masters in Law/Legal Studies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (especially PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently
- Self-motivated, able to meet deadlines
- Experience in Oil & Gas (preferably Offshore subsea)