Senior Front-End - UI Software Engineer
- San Jose, CA
Samsung Telecommunications is a global leader in mobile and digital media technologies. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the way customers around the world experience mobile technology, adhering to the best quality and local/regional compliance standards.
Samsung Mobile R&D Lab located in San Jose, California is currently recruiting Front End/UI Software Mobile Developers who thrive in a fast-pace, cross team, results-driven environment. If you want to take on highly visible, challenging, and cross discipline projects, this is a role to apply for. We are looking for talented and passionate software programmers to help define and develop innovative user experiences for Android mobile applications.
The Front-End Software Engineer will deliver awesome customer experiences in a fast paced, agile environment. You will be expected to make good long-term technology decisions and provide technical leadership. You will passionately advocate for a great user experiences.
- 5-7 years professional software engineering experience
- 1-3 years developing user interfaces
- Track record of delivering highly responsive interfaces
- Strong understanding of aesthetics and usability
- Mobile Android experience preferred - Cocoa Touch, Windows/MFC, and Java/Swing experience acceptable
- Active advocate for the best practices in software engineering
- Experience in design patterns which separates the representation of data from the user interaction
- Experience iterating designs with a UX team
- Smart, analytical, and creative problem solver
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate attention to detail
- BSCS, BSEE, or equivalent
Other Desirable Traits:
- Experience developing Web front-end development
- Experience developing cloud/distributed applications
- Database expertise with SQL Server Mobile or equivalent