Cloud Automation Engineer
- San Jose, CA
Samsung Telecommunications of America is a global leader in mobile and digital media technologies. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the way customers around the world experience mobile technology.
As a member of Samsung Mobile Communications Lab, you will play a key role in the Cloud team, designing & implementing the next generation Cloud Services for Samsung mobile devices. You will be part of a team that works on diverse areas on Mobile Applications & Services involving database, security, authentication, web technologies, community tools, social networks etc. The primary focus would be around the consumer web, machine learning, and building a cloud / social platform with Mobile client side development. You will drive the design all the way through a world-class implementation and take it to production.
- 5+ years relevant work experience
- Experience in cloud application deployment and site infrastructure
- Very good understanding of cloud/ distributed client application architecture
- Smart, analytical, and creative problem solver
- Well versed in Amazon Web Services ( EC2, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, VPC, RDS, S3, etc.)
- Experience with monitoring tools such as nagios and ganglia
- Good understanding of site automation tools such as Chef, Puppet
- Considerable programming experience in Ruby, scripting languages, Java,
- You'll be monitoring and automating every aspect of the production systems.
- BSCS, BSEE, or equivalent
Bonus Points For:
- Strong foundation in data structures, algorithms, and performance analysis
- Deep technical knowledge of mobile application development (Android, iOS, etc.)
- Experience developing web sockets, RESTful interfaces, or equivalent
- Active advocate for the best practices in software engineering
- Great verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about mobile technology
- We use AWS, Ruby, Rails, Cassandra, MemCache , MySQL, Chef, PIG, Nagios, Ganglia,. Experience with some of these at scale is greatly preferred, but not required
- You should have experience building large production systems that require minimal admin overhead