Sr. Software Engineer - Cloud
- San Jose, CA
Samsung Telecommunications of America is a global leader in mobile and digital media technologies. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the way customers around the world experience mobile technology.
At the San Jose Mobile Communications lab, we move Samsung forward by solving some of the most difficult challenges facing the business. Dramatic performance improvements in the core platform. Prototyping next-generation products. Developing mobile applications appreciated by consumers around the world. Our engineers have the unique opportunity to both contribute to globally distributed products and explore cutting-edge technologies.
An elite team in Samsung is looking for talented software engineers. You will be working in a nimble team of brilliant engineers on cutting edge technologies.
• Build highly available and scalable service
• Identify and address performance/reliability/scalability bottlenecks
• Build value adding services by analyzing the data
• Strong Java programmer can deliver high quality code in a fast-pacing environment.
• Strong analytical skill and ability to solve problems systematically.
• Experience with SQL or NoSQL databases.
• Experience with web containers like tomcat or jetty
Bonus points for:
• Experience with search technologies such as Lucene
• Experience in using MapReduce to process large data set
• Experience in scripting language like python
• Experience in MVC frameworks
• Experience with public cloud like AWS