Sr. Software Engineer - Android
- San Jose, CA
Samsung Telecommunications of America is a global leader in mobile and digital media technologies. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the way customers around the world experience mobile technology.
We currently have a great opportunity for a Software Engineer in our San Jose Mobile Communications Lab.
Are you looking for a fast moving, creative environment where you can use your expertise to develop new technologies on cutting-edge mobile platforms? Samsung is looking for talented and passionate software programmers to help define and develop innovative mobile solutions. Join our talented team of individuals focused on creating the best mobile technology in the industry.
• Design and implement leading-edge mobile platform software.
• Develop prototypes for technology and UI for evaluation purposes.
• Develop deep expertise in Android and other mobile technologies.
• 5+ years in software development
• BS/MS in Computer Science or related technical discipline.
• Professional experience with C/C++ ( C#, Objective C are acceptable) and Java
• Android experience preferred (ideally at the system level), but other environments are desirable including: iPhoneOS, WebOS, Linux, QNX, Windows Mobile or equivalent
• Deep technical knowledge of mobile application development (Android, iOS, etc.)
• Good understanding of Linux internals
• Smart, analytical, and creative problem solver
• Great verbal and written communication skills
• Strong interest in mobile technology