Senior Software Engineer - Wearables
- San Jose, CA
Samsung Telecommunications is a global leader in mobile and digital media technologies. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the way customers around the world experience mobile technology, adhering to the best quality and local/regional compliance standards.
At the San Jose Mobile R&D lab, we move Samsung forward by solving some of the most difficult challenges and bridging the gaps between global vision and regional expectations. Our engineers have the unique opportunity to both contribute to globally distributed products & explore cutting-edge technologies
The Samsung Mobile R&D team is looking for a development engineer or architect for wearables products research. In this role, you will develop prototypes, architecture documentation/design, and some market research. Besides wearables, work can extend into the IOT (internet of things) and M2M space. This is a dynamic role where multiple skillsets are required. You don’t have to be an expert at each area, just be very good at whatever you do and have the ability to pick up new technologies quickly. You must still be able to write code as well as debug other engineer’s code. We are looking for a person that understands mobile operating systems and is also comfortable doing some application programming. Communications and documentation skills are highly desirable.
- Strong design and architecture skills with a proven track record in this area.
- Prior experience in a mobile operating system such as Android, BREW, Symbian, QT, etc.
- C/C++ is required with Android/Java programming skills.
- Good understanding and ability to implement networking technologies such as TCP/IP, HTTP, REST APIs, and others.
- Ability to understand system architecture and how each piece fits the puzzle.
- Ability to communicate via documentation such as PowerPoint, Visio, WIKI, etc.
Nice to Have Skills:
- UI programming & Wire Frame Design
- Device Driver Development