Android Platform Developer
- Santa Clara, CA
Smartphones have completely revolutionized how we operate in our daily lives. From communicating and sharing information to traveling and shopping, Samsung and Android have been at the core of this revolution. The next generation of smartphones will completely change how we work. Development has already begun, and the possibilities are endless.
Samsung KNOX™ is a comprehensive, secure enterprise mobile solution for work and play that addresses the mobile security needs of enterprise IT without invading an employee’s privacy. Samsung KNOX gives employees the opportunity to use their favorite personal smartphones at work while providing enterprise IT complete security and management capabilities.
Come join the Samsung KNOX team and help us define and develop the future role of smartphones and services in business! Samsung KNOX – A New Solution for Work and Play: https://www.samsungknox.com/
The Android Platform Developer is considered an in-house “guru” on all-things Android - especially the internals of Android - such as middleware APIs, Dalvik VM, graphics pipeline, etc.
The Android Application Developer will primarily be involved in significantly enhancing the quality of an Android handset through careful performance measurement and identifying critical modules that are in need of improvement. Additionally, the Android Platform Expert is capable of making suitable changes to the Android platform to fix or otherwise enhance identified shortcomings.
The developer will work closely with other Android developers (Application and/or middleware developers) to identify, fix and test identified issues and their solution.
- Identify performance bottlenecks and other issues from a “top-down” perspective in a modern Android mobile device.
- Develop comprehensive solutions that fix or resolve identified issues. Work closely with QA teams and other developers to realize the proposed solutions. Ensure that proposed (and implemented) solutions don’t adversely impact existing functionality.
- In depth knowledge of the Android platform - especially the core frameworks.
- Knowledge of Android startup, integration and porting to new chipsets.
- Expertise in C/C++ programming, kernel-userspace interaction, JNI. Working knowledge of Android Java.
- Expertise in fundamentals of computer science - data structures, algorithms, multi-threaded programming, networking concepts is mandatory. Candidates unable to test in these areas will be rejected.
- Self-starter - with ability to independently acquire the knowledge required to succeed in their job.
- Minimally Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is required; MS CS preferred.
Looking to fill this role immediately! Apply now and please attach your most up to date resume!