Software Engineer - SEAndroid Team
- San Jose, CA
Smartphones have completely revolutionized how we operate in our daily lives. From communicating and sharing information to traveling and shopping, Samsung and Android have been at the core of this revolution. The next generation of smartphones will completely change how we work. Development has already begun, and the possibilities are endless.
Samsung KNOX™ is a comprehensive, secure enterprise mobile solution for work and play that addresses the mobile security needs of enterprise IT without invading an employee’s privacy. Samsung KNOX gives employees the opportunity to use their favorite personal smartphones at work while providing enterprise IT complete security and management capabilities.
Come join the Samsung KNOX development team and help us define and develop the future role of smartphones in business!
Linux Kernel - Security Expert will primarily be involved in significantly enhancing the security of an Android device through addition of new security technologies, modules and other contemporary security concepts. And to make suitable changes to the Android platform to fix identified security shortcomings.
The security expert will work closely with other engineering teams to identify, fix and test identified issues and their solutions.
- Known kernel committer (must be a current contributor to the Linux kernel)
- Published, open source project involving embedded devices, Linux kernel
- SE Linux expertise, well known in the SE Linux community
- Experience working at lower levels of the software stack, such as assembly programming, operating system development, driver development, boot loaders, etc.
- Knowledge, expertise in existing Linux security toolkits, frameworks – especially SE Linux, IMA, Linux Security Modules, etc.
- Expertise in C/C++ programming, kernel-user space interaction, JNI. A working
- 2+ year’s experience
- Minimum Bachelors in Engineering preferred Masters in Computer Science or related Field.