The Communications Specialist will help drive plant-wide strategy and execution for employee relations and communications, and ensures the organization maintains an appropriate level of employee and community engagement and awareness of the company objectives. Will maintain and execute communications strategies, tools, publications, procedures, and materials.
- Assist with the development of the plant’s communication strategy, branding, and promotion within the plant, surrounding community, local government, and other key stakeholders.
- Implement and manage the plant’s communication strategy, branding, and promotion within the plant and surrounding community, local government, and other key stakeholders.
- Develop and manage content of internal communications tools, especially plant newsletters.
- Teaming with operations, legal, and communications, execute responses to governmental and community inquiries.
- Provide direct writing and messaging support to plant leadership.
- Manage outside agencies and vendors to ensure the production of creative, high-quality, cost-effective communication solutions.
- Partner with Human Resources to align employee communications and messaging to plant strategy and objectives.
- Work with IT and corporate communications to maintain plant’s online presence.
- Maintain relationships with key reporters and media agencies, proactively identify media opportunities, and organize public relations events.