Economics Content Developer and Support
- Austin, TX
Sapling Learning is a leading provider of online learning platforms and integrated digital solutions for the Higher Education Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics ("STEM") disciplines. For over a decade, Sapling Learning has developed powerful educational software, engaging instructional content, and interactive media to enhance the teaching and learning of the sciences. Our online homework product is currently used by tens of thousands of students at over 200 universities.
Sapling Learning, an innovative leader in online homework for Higher Education, problem-solving disciplines and has one full time opening, to work in our Economics Department as an Economics Content Developer and Support.
The successful candidate is an educator with experience teaching Principles of Economics (Higher Ed) and has experience writing and reviewing engaging interactive homework questions for students.
- Writing clear, engaging questions which test student’s understanding and application of concepts.
- Authoring hints and feedback that anticipate common student errors, provide insightful diagnosis of their misconceptions, and coach them toward mastering the material.
- Creating solutions to these questions that are complete and concise
- Inputting the questions, hints, solutions, and feedback into the software
- Reviewing and revising other developers’ questions for economic accuracy, relevance, and pedagogical effectiveness
- Develop and cultivate a positive client relationship by supporting the instructor, individualize settings provide and general assistance as they navigate the site
- Reply promptly to questions via phone and/or email
- 25% - Travel to schools to promote Sapling Learning
- Experience teaching in Introductory Economics courses for Higher Ed
- Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Recent experience teaching Economics and tutoring for Higher Ed
- Upon hire, must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
M.S. in Economics
Please fill out application, include salary history and attach resume by clicking on the link https://saplinglearning.catsone.com/careers/.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Sapling Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.