- Austin, TX
Sapling Learning is a leading provider of online learning platforms and integrated digital solutions for the Higher Education Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics ("STEM") disciplines. For over a decade, Sapling Learning has developed powerful educational software, engaging instructional content, and interactive media to enhance the teaching and learning of the sciences. Our online homework product is currently used by tens of thousands of students at over 200 universities.
The Account Manager is responsible for managing current customer relationships, developing new
business prospects and moving those opportunities through the sales pipeline with the primary focus on phone based calls.
Sapling Learning is a high-growth online educational technology company who seeks individuals to help drive sales with university and college professors.
The successful candidate is a self-starter, able to work autonomously, has a track record of exceeding business and personal goals and will flourish in a collaborative environment with their Sales Manager and other Account Managers to maximize the sales opportunities in their assigned territory.
- Identify targets within a geographic territory by working with the company’s CRM (Salesforce.com) and through independent research on public institutional websites.
- Contribute in the creation of a strategic territory sales plan, including macro and daily plans, to drive territory sales and growth and secure renewals, with Sales Manager. Execute to tactical excellence on plan.
- Develop a strong understanding of Sapling Learning’s educational offerings and pricing.
- Initiate internal at least 40 calls each day determining specific client needs, closing 2 commitments to attend an online demponstration per day on average during the active sales season.
- Clearly describe the benefits of the product to Instructors to secure customer commitments to participate in full product demonstrations with a Sales Scientist.
- Position Sapling Learning’s products and solutions to client’s decision criteria
- Collaborate with the Sales Manager, Account Managers, Technology T.A.’s and Sales Scientists to expand and penetrate key accounts.
- Effectively use marketing and sales communication resources to increase the development of new business in the assigned territory and Sapling Learning’s awareness in our course markets.
- Consistently develop a consultative selling approach through solutions based questioning techniques to successfully position product and overcome objections.
- Track and manage leads/prospects and all sales activity in SalesForce.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of market and industry trends, competitors, and customer needs.
- Must have strong computer skills including strong Excel capabilities, SalesForce or CRM experience, and proven ability to master software systems.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- A proven background, demonstrating consistent achievement of target and exceeding sales expectations.
- Experience working in a fast paced environment, while exhibiting the ability to multi-task and displaying a high attention to detail.
- Ability to receive instruction and have the flexibility to alter sales approach and techniques based on feedback.
- Is adaptable, flexible, and collaborative.
- 2+ Years of professional experience with customers, phone sales preferred.
- Education market experience highly desirable.
Upon hire, must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
Bachelor’s degree required - Sciences or Business preferred.
Austin, TX or Wilmington, OH
Please send resume and salary history via clicking on the APPLY NOW button.
Please complete application, upload resume and include salary history by clicking on this link https://saplinglearning.catsone.com/careers/
Sapling Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.