Organic Chemistry Lab - Online Content Development and Support Rep.
- Austin, TX
Sapling Learning is a leading provider of online learning platforms and integrated digital solutions for the Higher Education Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics ("STEM") disciplines. For over a decade, Sapling Learning has developed powerful educational software, engaging instructional content, and interactive media to enhance the teaching and learning of the sciences. Our online homework product is currently used by tens of thousands of students at over 200 universities.
Sapling Learning has a full-time openings to work at our Austin, Texas-based headquarters for an Organic Chemistry Lab - Online Content Developer and Support Representative.
The Organic Chemistry Lab - Online Content Development and Support Rep. (hereafter Lab Technology T.A.) will be responsible for creating Organic Chem. Lab homework assignments.
Will serve as a proprietary software authority and subject matter expert to trouble-shoot issues that instructors and students may encounter within the Sapling Learning platform.
The support aspect of this position is extremely important as Sapling Learning prides itself on offering support unheard of in this industry. Our high level of customer support is constantly mentioned by instructors as one area that Sapling Learning really separates itself from other online homework systems.
- To create various types of questions written from matching to numeric entry to multiple choice to drawn structures
- He/ She must produce feedback which provides clarification for the common mistakes and misconceptions of the students
- Write questions and solutions of varying difficulties, which test students understanding and application of concepts (Organic Chemistry Lab’s)
- Review and revise questions to ensure accuracy
- Inputting questions, hints, solutions and feedback into the software
- Develop and cultivate a positive client relationship by supporting the instructor, individualize settings provide and general assistance as they navigate the site
- Reply promptly to questions via phone and/or email
- Experience working as Organic Chemistry Lab instructor and writing original homework or test questions
- A strong desire to improve the learning process and see students succeed in their chemistry classes
- Must have a thorough understanding of how to construct questions that move learners toward critical thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills and the ability to learn new systems quickly
- Previous experience using online homework preferred
M.S. or Ph.D. in Chemistry or Organic Chem.
Please send resume and salary history by clicking on the APPLY NOW button.
Sapling Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.
To search all of our opportunities please visithttp://www.saplinglearning.com/about_us/#careers