HTML5 - Interactive Developer (Contract)
- Austin, TX
Sapling Learning is a leading provider of online learning platforms and integrated digital solutions for the Higher Education Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics ("STEM") disciplines. For over a decade, Sapling Learning has developed powerful educational software, engaging instructional content, and interactive media to enhance the teaching and learning of the sciences. Our online homework product is currently used by tens of thousands of students at over 200 universities.
Sapling Learning is looking for a HTML5 - Interactive Developer contractor(s) to work on a project which is estimated to last through March 2013.
Build interactive science animations using HTML5 and Hype
Develops graphic elements for assigned projects by working with existing graphics or creating graphics from scratch and applies Flash elements to these graphics to bring them to life
Generate art and animations that convey scientific topics accurately, clearly, and creatively
Create art and animations which will accompany online homework questions, STEM-field e-books and other digital educational materials
Will develop Storyboard drafts of various scenarios into working and reusable tools/simulations that can integrate with our existing systems
Located in Austin is a PLUS.
Anywhere in the US
Start: ASAP lasting through the end of March 2013
A minimum of 20 hours per week commitment is required, more hours may be available.
· Exposure or experience with JQuery
· Experience with Canvas
· Strong in other programming languages (e.g., Java)
· Troubleshoot and resolve issues, problems, and errors encountered
· Must have superior Flash Actionscript 2 and 3 skills
· Have a proven ability to conceptualize/draft development ideas and approaches
· Is comfortable discussing general scientific concepts, and proposing ideas to demonstrate the concepts visually
· Proficient in Adobe Illustrator/Photoshop is a PLUS
· PHP is a PLUS
· 2 years experience coding, creating clean reusable code
· Must be able to multi-task and work independently to meet project deadlines
Please provide a portfolio or digital work samples
Associates Degree in Visual Communication is preferred
Please fill out the application, upload your resume and include salary history/hourly rate, by cutting and pasting this link http://saplinglearning.catsone.com/careers/index.php?m=portal&a=details&jobOrderID=1527524 to your browser and clicking on the Apply Now button.
Sapling Learning is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age or disability in employment or the provision of services.
To search all of our opportunities please visit http://saplinglearning.catsone.com/careers/